If you were [working*] today

I've had to work from home fixing elderly customers landlines with 80% of our workforce furloughed. Been a fucking nightmare sat in a room on my Todd for weeks on end hearing my kids in the other room

Still keep getting customers coming through being selfish dickheads not understanding how high our workloads are. Talking to you like shit.

Nearly walked yesterday was that stressed out, so fuck knows how shop workers are getting on with the general population.

If you were a minimum wage worker in the jobs market today while this coronavirus is running rampant throughout the United Kingdom would you risk your health in working at a supermarket. This is just to finish the year and make sure people can buy food. I most certainly would not risk my health or that of my family just so other people could shop.
I think I would yeh - to be fair, I would be out and about working now if I didn't have a wife and two little ones that I could infect at home.

Whilst their is literally nothing to do, you may as well be working for whatever money is on offer............

I've had to work from home fixing elderly customers landlines with 80% of our workforce furloughed. Been a fucking nightmare sat in a room on my Todd for weeks on end hearing my kids in the other room

Still keep getting customers coming through being selfish dickheads not understanding how high our workloads are. Talking to you like shit.

Nearly walked yesterday was that stressed out, so fuck knows how shop workers are getting on with the general population.
The shop workers are magnificent,I have total admiration for them just plodding on regardless,all aware of the great risk they're facing
day in day out.but still turn up for their meagre wages
along with all the other people in what would have been called menial jobs before,very brave and commited people

I think you're forgetting something. Sure you might work for minimum wage, but think about all of those claps you get. I'm told most energy providers will accept claps as payment nowadays.
As a friend at work tells me as he leaves work at 5.15pm on the dot every day when there is still something to do or clear away.
"You can't spend Thank you's"

Being you makes one look a humourless grumpy ****, always.

Point stands, we expect shop workers to work but feel sorry for football players having to go back.

We live in an age where we seem to care more about pampered millionaires than people who genuinely have difficulty getting by financially. Went to Tesco yesterday and the cleaner must have been 70 if she was a day, it's not a case of picking and choosing who to support but I choose to support those who don't have the wherewithal to make as many choices.

You're point is more than reasonable in fact you'd think that the contradiction of supporting very rich peoples feelings by putting them on the same level of need as the old lady cleaner should be abhorrent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.