Bluemoon Angling Thread

Prince Albert is ten times as good a club as Lymm. It’s badly run and makes terrible mistakes. Lymmvale isn’t what it was either, I believe. It was a brilliant water 20 years ago though. I had a 7-10 chub there too which is another PB I’ll never beat. Never had an Orfe but my mate caught the British record there- which still stands.

Drop me a pm if you want help with any PA waters. I know most of them, including some good tench waters.

does it still have a long waiting list to join?

I'm out clapping tackle shop owners tonight. Mine is open, you can ring through your requirements if you need hooks, line, groundbait etc. And pick it up from a makeshift counter at the back door. If you just want maggots you can go on spec. I know that this is happening nationwide as my brother got his in Bury and my mate got his at Dave's of Middlewich.

One thing I have admired in this lockdown is the ability some people have to improvise.

Guys, what are the restrictions on travelling to fishing in England?

The stuff announced in Scotland yesterday proposes a 5 mile limit, preferably by bike or walk!

Hmmmm. think some flexibility will have to be shown on that one.

Guys, what are the restrictions on travelling to fishing in England?

The stuff announced in Scotland yesterday proposes a 5 mile limit, preferably by bike or walk!

Hmmmm. think some flexibility will have to be shown on that one.

As far as I know there's no restriction. I travelled 65 miles to Stafford the other day and I'll be driving 77 miles to the Wye on June 15th.

Talking of which, we got a call yesterday to ask if Mortimer and Whitehouse could film an episode on the beat we've booked on 16th June which, of course, we said they could. I won't name the beat but, suffice to say, the film crew have earmarked the best swim for the shoot.

As for me, had my 27th session since November on a Leamington AA lake. It really is easy but as usual the fish had the last laugh. I was having the mandatory "one last cast" before packing up and caught a decent roach which I returned and absent-mindedly dropped the hook back into the water right at the side. I turned round to put my bait boxes away and fold up my chair only to turn back and see my rod sliding scross the platform. I picked up the rod and lifted into the fish but....nothing. Surely impossible to miss. The fucker was hooked !!

Nevertheless, I decided to have another "last cast", put on fresh maggots and dropped it in a couple of feet from the platform. Whilst I sat on the boards. Sure enough, I got a bite, struck and off it shot, tearing line from the reel but was well under control. After the initial run, I thought it was time to apply some pressure whereupon the rod bent into a healthy curve. Just as I allowed myself to think "gotcha", the rod bounced back and my float, hook, the works, shot back into a tree from which I could not extract it without breaking my favourite close-range float in the process.

Fishing !!@$@#@!

As far as I know there's no restriction. I travelled 65 miles to Stafford the other day and I'll be driving 77 miles to the Wye on June 15th.

Talking of which, we got a call yesterday to ask if Mortimer and Whitehouse could film an episode on the beat we've booked on 16th June which, of course, we said they could. I won't name the beat but, suffice to say, the film crew have earmarked the best swim for the shoot.

As for me, had my 27th session since November on a Leamington AA lake. It really is easy but as usual the fish had the last laugh. I was having the mandatory "one last cast" before packing up and caught a decent roach which I returned and absent-mindedly dropped the hook back into the water right at the side. I turned round to put my bait boxes away and fold up my chair only to turn back and see my rod sliding scross the platform. I picked up the rod and lifted into the fish but....nothing. Surely impossible to miss. The fucker was hooked !!

Nevertheless, I decided to have another "last cast", put on fresh maggots and dropped it in a couple of feet from the platform. Whilst I sat on the boards. Sure enough, I got a bite, struck and off it shot, tearing line from the reel but was well under control. After the initial run, I thought it was time to apply some pressure whereupon the rod bent into a healthy curve. Just as I allowed myself to think "gotcha", the rod bounced back and my float, hook, the works, shot back into a tree from which I could not extract it without breaking my favourite close-range float in the process.

Fishing !!@$@#@!
I thought that was the case. So in our first phase the guidance is, tennis, golf, fishing only in your local area. The local area being defined as 5 miles from your house. Now they have softened that a little by saying they trust people to be sensible. So sensible it is and I will be driving 44.5 miles on Sunday to my favourite fishery where a single man boat awaits. The owner phoned me on Thursday and said he had fished it a few times since lock down (his house overlooks the fishery) and that the trout had grown on quickly and were now super fit and not that choosy! He said he had had to quit a couple of times to avoid arm injuries! Can't wait.

So will you be fishing the same beat as W and M are the same time? That would be brilliant, particularly if you get to say hello.

Pity about the float, but as they say, thats fishing. What do you think you hooked?

I thought that was the case. So in our first phase the guidance is, tennis, golf, fishing only in your local area. The local area being defined as 5 miles from your house. Now they have softened that a little by saying they trust people to be sensible. So sensible it is and I will be driving 44.5 miles on Sunday to my favourite fishery where a single man boat awaits. The owner phoned me on Thursday and said he had fished it a few times since lock down (his house overlooks the fishery) and that the trout had grown on quickly and were now super fit and not that choosy! He said he had had to quit a couple of times to avoid arm injuries! Can't wait.

So will you be fishing the same beat as W and M are the same time? That would be brilliant, particularly if you get to say hello.

Pity about the float, but as they say, thats fishing. What do you think you hooked?

I'm excited for you. One thing about the lockdown is that it has heightened anticipation.

Yes W&M will be there at the same time and I hope to pass on some of my skills ! Having said that, I fully expect it to be pissing down for the week beforehand and conditions to be miserable. Especially as we have no accomodation. One of the lads has booked a mobile home (550 notes!!) But God knows where we'll park it or how we'll get it duwn the tracks to the riverside !!

They were definitely carp.

I'm excited for you. One thing about the lockdown is that it has heightened anticipation.

Yes W&M will be there at the same time and I hope to pass on some of my skills ! Having said that, I fully expect it to be pissing down for the week beforehand and conditions to be miserable. Especially as we have no accomodation. One of the lads has booked a mobile home (550 notes!!) But God knows where we'll park it or how we'll get it duwn the tracks to the riverside !!

They were definitely carp.
Not long to wait for either of us!
Hope the conditions are kind to you. Is it salmon or barbel you are after?

I am a huge fan of Bob Mortimer, I just think he is so naturally funny. Please don't tell me if he is a grumpy sod in real life :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.