Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Two posts ago you literally said that Celtic don’t raise their game and then went on to say that they haven’t got a pot to piss in, are stuck in the league they are in and do well to still compete in Europe.

Which is it? Either they play at a consistent level in which case, Patrick Thistle are far better than people give them credit for, or Celtic play one level to beat the Kilmarnocks of this world, then raise their game to beat Lazio and draw with City.

Fuck me. In relation to the pot to piss in, you forgot the word that preceded it. Relatively. As for performance, you do realise that you can only he as good as your ability allows? There are no magic god's who g stow upon you higher levels of skill. When we play we try to be as good every game. Kilmarnock out ten behind the ball so it curtails certain styles if play. Better teams cine at you and allows you to counter at speed. So that can look like your playing better, you aren't, your playing a different type of game.

We get into the CL qualifiers, and always have a chance of making it. Fucked it up this season, but, that's football.

he may be fairly well regarded on here but he's still a guest. A club whose fans had to come and sing about 67 because that's the last time they genuinely were really good.
I didn't realise my status in here was Guest. I thought I was just a member.

Should I be appointed someone to sign me in?

Fuck me. In relation to the pot to piss in, you forgot the word that preceded it. Relatively. As for performance, you do realise that you can only he as good as your ability allows? There are no magic god's who g stow upon you higher levels of skill. When we play we try to be as good every game. Kilmarnock out ten behind the ball so it curtails certain styles if play. Better teams cine at you and allows you to counter at speed. So that can look like your playing better, you aren't, your playing a different type of game.

We get into the CL qualifiers, and always have a chance of making it. Fucked it up this season, but, that's football.
So you're saying that the entire concept of a team "raising their game" either doesn't exist, or doesn't happen at Celtic?

When City went from drawing at home to Sunderland 3-3 in 2012 to beating United 1-0, not allowing United a shot at goal, we didn't raise our game knowing that we had a shot at the title?

When Newport County were mid-table in our lower leagues last year, they didn't raise their game to knock Tottenham out of the cup?

Why do more Celtic fans turn up for European games than matches against Dundee if you play at the same level every time? I'd say it's because you have a more challenging opponent and the players need to "raise their game" to match the superior players than you're used to facing. A packed house and hostile atmosphere undoubtedly helps your players.

You claim that "you can only be as good as your ability allows" - so there are no cup shocks? Wrexham's ability was better than Arsenal's on the day.

Someone should tell Pep that the motivational speeches we saw on All or Nothing were a waste of time.

What seems to have happened here is that you've taken your league being called "tinpot" to heart and in trying to defend it, have stated that City were unable to beat Celtic over two games. I've pointed out that you raised your game in Glasgow and deservedly got a good draw from us but by the time you came to Manchester, we were already through so could afford to change 9 players. You've then gone on this ridiculous mission to claim that the entire concept of teams or players raising their game doesn't exist despite the fact that legendary players and managers have spoken about this for as long as time.

So you're saying that the entire concept of a team "raising their game" either doesn't exist, or doesn't happen at Celtic?

When City went from drawing at home to Sunderland 3-3 in 2012 to beating United 1-0, not allowing United a shot at goal, we didn't raise our game knowing that we had a shot at the title?

When Newport County were mid-table in our lower leagues last year, they didn't raise their game to knock Tottenham out of the cup?

Why do more Celtic fans turn up for European games than matches against Dundee if you play at the same level every time? I'd say it's because you have a more challenging opponent and the players need to "raise their game" to match the superior players than you're used to facing. A packed house and hostile atmosphere undoubtedly helps your players.

You claim that "you can only be as good as your ability allows" - so there are no cup shocks? Wrexham's ability was better than Arsenal's on the day.

Someone should tell Pep that the motivational speeches we saw on All or Nothing were a waste of time.

What seems to have happened here is that you've taken your league being called "tinpot" to heart and in trying to defend it, have stated that City were unable to beat Celtic over two games. I've pointed out that you raised your game in Glasgow and deservedly got a good draw from us but by the time you came to Manchester, we were already through so could afford to change 9 players. You've then gone on this ridiculous mission to claim that the entire concept of teams or players raising their game doesn't exist despite the fact that legendary players and managers have spoken about this for as long as time.

No I don't it's bullshit. They either play as well as they are able or they don't. It's myth and against science that people can do Kay better than they are capable. If they weren't capable of it they couldn't do it. The ability to reproduce it consistently marks you out as special.

No I don't it's bullshit. They either play as well as they are able or they don't. It's myth and against science that people can do Kay better than they are capable. If they weren't capable of it they couldn't do it. The ability to reproduce it consistently marks you out as special.

By that logic nobody would improve at anything, ever. You're arguing the other end of a point that circles back to our stance anyway. If they couldn't do if they weren't capable, then by that fact when they don't do it it shows that when they do it, they've raised their game. They were always capable of it, they just can't find the mindset to do it most of the time. Raising your game doesn't mean doing things you're not capable of. I'm not going to be a heart surgeon if I "raise my game", can I get in better shape if I raise my game? Yes, I'm capable of doing it but need to find a mindset that promotes that enhanced performance.

By that logic nobody would improve at anything, ever. You're arguing the other end of a point that circles back to our stance anyway. If they couldn't do if they weren't capable, then by that fact when they don't do it it shows that when they do it, they've raised their game. They were always capable of it, they just can't find the mindset to do it most of the time. Raising your game doesn't mean doing things you're not capable of. I'm not going to be a heart surgeon if I "raise my game", can I get in better shape if I raise my game? Yes, I'm capable of doing it but need to find a mindset that promotes that enhanced performance.

Fuck sake. No, you can improve to the level of your potential. No further. You can't raise it higher than your inate ability allows. I think I've made that clear.

If you want to believe there is a magical raise their game genie, crack on.

It's pointless arguing with him BJL - managers and players have talked about teams raising their game for as long as I've been a football fan but because I used it as the reason for Celtic getting a very good and well deserved draw against City, they must all be wrong.

Wrexham were better than Arsenal, Wigan were better than City despite going down that season, Inverness Caledonian Thistle were better than Celtic and clearly Rangers are better than Celtic because they beat them in the last derby. The concept that any of these teams raised their game to take on superior opponents is, using his own word, bullshit.

Fuck sake. No, you can improve to the level of your potential. No further. You can't raise it higher than your inate ability allows. I think I've made that clear.

If you want to believe there is a magical raise their game genie, crack on.

Raising your game literally means improving your performance, just because some people raise it to a level they didn't know they had previously doesn't mean they weren't capable of it.

Fuck's sake I'm starting to sympathise with fucking Rangers fans and they sing Tina fucking Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.