Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically translates to Rangers are historic cheats (even though they used what the thought was a legal loophole).

Rangers & Gerrard are shit as he hasn't won a trophy (even though he has had to build a full new team & Lennon inherited Rodgers Celtic team).

Celtic will get to Rangers target of 55 league titles before them & in 2 seasons (even though I they have only won 51 just now).

And that in the near future there's no chance of Rangers winning anything ever again because Celtic are all conquering & will continue to be forever more.

Bang on, and apologies for the arithmetical error, the only one in it.

City you will remember also couldn't beat us home or away.
That’s true, but then you raised you game enormously in Glasgow and the return was a dead rubber. We played without Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, de Bruyne, Silva and Agüero at the Etihad. I not sure it’s fair to say we “couldn’t” beat you. We “didn’t” though.

That’s true, but then you raised you game enormously in Glasgow and the return was a dead rubber. We played without Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, de Bruyne, Silva and Agüero at the Etihad. I not sure it’s fair to say we “couldn’t” beat you. We “didn’t” though.

Why not just be mature about it and say we played well and were better than you thought. It's not that difficult and would take less time than giving a load of excuses why we were so lucky.

Why not just be mature about it and say we played well and were better than you thought. It's not that difficult and would take less time than giving a load of excuses why we were so lucky.
Again, you’re twisting things. I said that you raised your game enormously. There was no excuse from me for why we didn’t win in Glasgow. You had one of your great nights where you punched well above your weight. No problem with that.

You’ve replied to a poster who called your league “tinpot” by attempting to use City being “unable” to beat you in order to suggest that your league isn’t “tinpot”.

I’ve merely pointed out that the game in Manchester wasn’t an indicator that we “couldn’t” beat you. We made 9 changes from the game before when we played Chelsea also at home.

Our line up was made up of rotation, reserve and youth players. It’s arguable that not a single member of the team that faced Celtic would’ve made our first choice 11.

That you “couldn’t“ beat our second string would maybe back up the point made by the poster who you had taken umbrage with that you do play in a “tinpot” league - although I rate it higher than most on here.

Unless I’m completely mistaken and you’re suggesting that had it been a match with qualification riding on it, and we’d have put the big guns out at the Etihad, we still wouldn’t have been able to beat them?

Again, you’re twisting things. I said that you raised your game enormously. There was no excuse from me for why we didn’t win in Glasgow. You had one of your great nights where you punched well above your weight. No problem with that.

You’ve replied to a poster who called your league “tinpot” by attempting to use City being “unable” to beat you in order to suggest that your league isn’t “tinpot”.

I’ve merely pointed out that the game in Manchester wasn’t an indicator that we “couldn’t” beat you. We made 9 changes from the game before when we played Chelsea also at home.

Our line up was made up of rotation, reserve and youth players. It’s arguable that not a single member of the team that faced Celtic would’ve made our first choice 11.

That you “couldn’t“ beat our second string would maybe back up the point made by the poster who you had taken umbrage with that you do play in a “tinpot” league - although I rate it higher than most on here.

Unless I’m completely mistaken and you’re suggesting that had it been a match with qualification riding on it, and we’d have put the big guns out at the Etihad, we still wouldn’t have been able to beat them?

No, I'm.saying we didn't raise our game. We play to that level. That's it. I think City are one of the very best in Europe. I know you played players not in the first team, all bought for millions, so, why didn't they beat us. They were worth more in financial terms. We are better than given credit for and I used the city reference as a matter of respect of how we played against a great team. I wasn't having a go at City. It just gets my back up when people don't give us an ounce of respect. I know where we are, the league we are in and I think it's a great achievement to be able to still take on bigger clubs, financially, no one else is bigger than us as a club, but, relatively we don't have a pot to piss in. I feel we could get even better and by that I mean qualify for the CL every year and giving it a go. To us, not deluded to think we could compete, it's a great achievement.

We operate in a different universe.

No, I'm.saying we didn't raise our game. We play to that level. That's it. I think City are one of the very best in Europe. I know you played players not in the first team, all bought for millions, so, why didn't they beat us. They were worth more in financial terms. We are better than given credit for and I used the city reference as a matter of respect of how we played against a great team. I wasn't having a go at City. It just gets my back up when people don't give us an ounce of respect. I know where we are, the league we are in and I think it's a great achievement to be able to still take on bigger clubs, financially, no one else is bigger than us as a club, but, relatively we don't have a pot to piss in. I feel we could get even better and by that I mean qualify for the CL every year and giving it a go. To us, not deluded to think we could compete, it's a great achievement.

We operate in a different universe.
So you don’t raise your game for Champions League games and Old Firm games? Right, ok. I’ve been viewing football wrong for years.

So you don’t raise your game for Champions League games and Old Firm games? Right, ok. I’ve been viewing football wrong for years.

Not above what they are capable of. They turn up and that's different that somehow because they play well in big games it's a one off. So, I agree, if you think that, then you must have been viewing football wrong. It's the old ah they played above themselves bullshit to deflect away from the fact you didn't win.

Not above what they are capable of. They turn up and that's different that somehow because they play well in big games it's a one off. So, I agree, if you think that, then you must have been viewing football wrong. It's the old ah they played above themselves bullshit to deflect away from the fact you didn't win.
Wow. Two posts ago you literally said that Celtic don’t raise their game and then went on to say that they haven’t got a pot to piss in, are stuck in the league they are in and do well to still compete in Europe.

Which is it? Either they play at a consistent level in which case, Patrick Thistle are far better than people give them credit for, or Celtic play one level to beat the Kilmarnocks of this world, then raise their game to beat Lazio and draw with City.

Wow. Two posts ago you literally said that Celtic don’t raise their game and then went on to say that they haven’t got a pot to piss in, are stuck in the league they are in and do well to still compete in Europe.

Which is it? Either they play at a consistent level in which case, Patrick Thistle are far better than people give them credit for, or Celtic play one level to beat the Kilmarnocks of this world, then raise their game to beat Lazio and draw with City.

he may be fairly well regarded on here but he's still a guest. A club whose fans had to come and sing about 67 because that's the last time they genuinely were really good.

he may be fairly well regarded on here but he's still a guest. A club whose fans had to come and sing about 67 because that's the last time they genuinely were really good.
What I take from it all is that Arsenal, Argentina and Newcastle United were all just lucky not to come up against Wrexham, Cameroon and Hereford United more often because they didn’t raise their game - that was their level but they didn’t show it that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.