Summer Transfers

As a replacement for Sane for me. For the 3 positions have Aguero, Jesus, Werner, Sterling, Mahrez - with Braaf coming through and Bernardo playing there if need be. Think it's a fair replacement and £52 million is certainly a price I think is fair for the player I've seen recently. FWIW I like Brandt too but I'm unsure on his contract situation and I'm sure he only signed for Dortmund last summer?!
To be honest, this can be a real bargain for 50+-M. But something is really strange here to me. Barcelona is chasing 100+ million for Martinez, Real Madrid dream about Mbappe who will cost no less than 180M, and the only elite team that is really interested in Werner, at least according to news, is Liverpool that having Firmino and not willing to pay the 50m release clause (again reportedly, can't tell if this is true). I was thinking that any big clubs in Europe would chase after Werner for that amount

As a replacement for Sane for me. For the 3 positions have Aguero, Jesus, Werner, Sterling, Mahrez - with Braaf coming through and Bernardo playing there if need be. Think it's a fair replacement and £52 million is certainly a price I think is fair for the player I've seen recently. FWIW I like Brandt too but I'm unsure on his contract situation and I'm sure he only signed for Dortmund last summer?!

agreed.

LW-Sterling/Werner
ST-Aguero/Jesus
RW-Mahrez/ Bernardo

Sterling can play both sides comfortably. Jesus and Werner can play both left and central. Bernardo can be used in midfield as well.

a lot of fluidity. No brainer to sign Werner

The more I think about it, a mini raid on RB Leipzig seems a really fun idea. Werner, Upamecano.

Werner and Jesus could almost certainly rotate between the wing and ST and provide a lot of fluidity playing together.

Imagine starting with a 433 which could transform into a 3-5-2 by pushing the RB back and say, Bernardo into a wide midfield and Werner/Jesus up top. That sort of fluidity in game is right up Pep's street

werner isn't a winger though, especially in our setup. he is not gonna hug the touchline. i agree that he is amazing and his release clause is very attractive but its hard for me to see how we would play into his strengths with the way we play. maybe if mendy plays lb and he can go inside as a lw but otherwise I only see him in a 2 striker setup. think pep would still prefer the link up play of jesus if it was between them.
I like the idea that he will make runs like Sterling. He may not hug the touchline like Sane but I think that's because he is more of a goal threat than Sane (not necessairly a better player). Of course I may be wrong but from what I've seen he's a cracking player and I reckon he could be a "wide forward"

To be honest, this can be a real bargain for 50+-M. But something is really strange here to me. Barcelona is chasing 100+ million for Martinez, Real Madrid dream about Mbappe who will cost no less than 180M, and the only elite team that is really interested in Werner, at least according to news, is Liverpool that having Firmino and not willing to pay the 50m release clause (again reportedly, can't tell if this is true). I was thinking that any big clubs in Europe would chase after Werner for that amount
Sometimes these great opportunities just present themselves to you. But I agree seems a tad strange that a line of clubs are not interested (or at least not in the journos eye).

Couldn't agree more of a new player. Who would you say instead?
Couldn’t say I don’t watch enough overseas football to know which young forwards are out there that fit the type. Werner could well be the best of them, for all I know. I do think though we’ll have our eyes on somebody, I know Almada is another mentioned but again I’ve never seen him play.

Couldn’t say I don’t watch enough overseas football to know which young forwards are out there that fit the type. Werner could well be the best of them, for all I know. I do think though we’ll have our eyes on somebody, I know Almada is another mentioned but again I’ve never seen him play.
This is the difficulty. I can't go on best clip videos, you miss far too much. Either way Werner and Brandt are the two non Bayern players I've been most impressed with as wide players. I like Werner as he looks more ruthless than Brandt with a killer instinct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.