Summer Transfers

Chelsea looking at Kounde, Gimenez, Pau Torres, Gvardiol for defender position.

they need some big incoming transfers for sure due to Christensen leaving, Rudiger leaving, Azpilicueta as well probably, and Thiago Silva at age 38...

as Tuchel often plays with 3 CBs, they need 3 top CB most likely.

also Alonso is leaving them, who I dont rate much but he plays a lot and scores quite a few, Chilwell is there but injury prone.

Chelsea looking at Kounde, Gimenez, Pau Torres, Gvardiol for defender position.

they need some big incoming transfers for sure due to Christensen leaving, Rudiger leaving, Azpilicueta as well probably, and Thiago Silva at age 38...

as Tuchel often plays with 3 CBs, they need 3 top CB most likely.

also Alonso is leaving them, who I dont rate much but he plays a lot and scores quite a few, Chilwell is there but injury prone.
Chelsea have a budget, and my guess is it will just about cover the defense, which means they are going to sell to buy or swap when it comes to the midfield and attack, with the exception of Havertz every one is available.

The case for the defense at CB we have 4 the cons being injuries, height, and pace, the pro`s being quality, experience, a good balance of association trained, and age all of which have not yet hit their peak, should any one of them wish to leave, we can expect a higher fee than we paid for them, should any chose to do so i would buy Lacroix tall and quick, similar to Wio when at west Ham. That leaves the FB`s, no Mendy does leave a gap, and Cucurella seems to be the answer but as a replacement for Cancelo on the left weakens us, which means unless Zinchenko leaves Cucurella is a bad buy, Spence on the right as back up to Walker is a better fit for City, an English Cancelo

Rodri`s back up, since this is a singular position it should be treated the same as other singular positions, goalkeeper and striker, we should have 3, a first choice the best you can get, a challenger, and a young wanna be, this is the position that failed the most last season not because of Rodri but because of a lack of choice, Rodri was identified as slow and all teams exploited the weakness, Tottenham,Southampton and Palace especially. Most of us want Bellingham but with him not available this summer would we go a stop gap, Pogba, Ali would stir the blood in a few but as a temporary fix? we do need a fix this summer and that leads to the very expensive Rice, Phillips and Tchouameni none help with pace but they do reduce the workload which should help Rodri, but they put a blocker on Bellingham, my choice is move Zinchenko to see if he can produce like he does for his country and buy Thuram, the Nice player is coming on leaps and bounds, tall, quick and fairly comfortable on the ball he is already better than Tchouameni. this son of a legend is similar to a young Viera.

The papers today run with our four out of contract in 2023 players, Marhez,Sterling, Gubdogan and Jesus, all of them our attacking midfielders, the likely outcome is that two will go this summer, i do hope it is not Jesus and i am sure City would facilitate any move for Gundogan should he want it, the other two will require a sizable fee but with no suitor ready to cough up looks unlikely, that leaves openings and Leao rumors seems to be gathering pace that would certainly put the cat among the pigeons, a good balance that we have not seen since Sane/Sterling would be Doku on the right both have very good pace and skill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.