1894 Group Banner

The organisers would be well within their rights to be pissed off about how some people have reacted to this imo. I’m sure there was a lot of pressure in putting this together and some people have been outright c*nts about it. No doubt a lot of them will be the sit down, stay silent crew who make up 90% of our fans. People are never backward in coming forward when it comes to moaning but ask them to do something themselves and it’s a different story.

Firstly, I contributed for it but then totally forgot until I saw a post yesterday.

I was looking forward to seeing it and was slightly underwhelmed when I did. I think the Pigs where a better version and quite in keeping with other clubs UEFA ones. Didn’t expect the muppets and not sure it translates as well around other countries.

From an image point of view, it’s ok but white backgrounds cheapen how it looks for me and comes of a bit bed sheet. One of the best things is the size and whilst you can work it out from the picture. It doesn’t have the wow factor that it would in a stadium.

This all said I fully appreciate what people have done and in the right setting agree it would have looked pretty awesome mainly due to the size.

I think the people on the CAS board will know about it, one way or another someone who knows they are working on it will see it and tell them, then who knows the scenario we feel is now at the back of their brain somewhere.

1894 where on an uphill battle since the Madrid game was cancelled and time limited with the CAS deadline. So it’s a well done from me I’m glad I contributed and will do so again.

It’s quite simply awful. There really isn’t much else to say sadly. A well thought out and crowdfunded professional social media advertising campaign done through a local PR agency about all the shit that UEFA has given us over the years, culminating in this farcical case I think would’ve done the job.

When I first saw the banner I thought it was a parody of the real one. Then I realised ... it was the real one!

It’s the thought that counts and I’m all for that sentiment. Take nothing away from the honest and good intentioned group who put it together. 10 for effort, a 2 for execution though...

I've known Dante for a very long time.

He's been proactive about fan engagement for as long as I can remember.

He's a doer. He and 1894 deserve plenty of plaudits for trying to make things happen.

There will always be people with nothing nice to say.

He's also a handy bastard.

Top bloke Dante. He did the fanzine Fightback. We recorded a song with him trying to oust Franny Lee out, you could hear the song by ringing a number which was placed in the Sun. (Cringeworthy looking back) but Dante is always fighting the cause. Utmost respect!

I didn’t pay a penny towards it and the banner isn’t for me. However, they do an awful lot and good on them for that. The speed in which some fans have jumped on them, particularly on Twitter is frankly pathetic

We don’t really know if we are victims or not until after the CAS appeal.

I’m all for banners like this but after the event.

I can't find any mention of it on the BBC Football website. I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

If there was a scouse protest it'd be on the 6 o'clock news!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.