1894 Group Banner

I've known Dante for a very long time.

He's been proactive about fan engagement for as long as I can remember.

He's a doer. He and 1894 deserve plenty of plaudits for trying to make things happen.

There will always be people with nothing nice to say.

He's also a handy bastard.

I’ll get to Dante in a minute.

I think opinion on the display can be divided into 3 main groups:

1) Those who liked it
2) Those who didn’t like it, but appreciate the effort that went into it
3) Those who didn’t like it, don’t appreciate the effort that went into it, have never had anything positive to say about 1894, and never will

Negative feedback from individuals who don’t have an agenda against the group - ie: some of the people @urban genie referenced and some of the posters on this thread - aren’t an issue and fall into category 2. You’ll never please everybody and 1894 aren’t above criticism so constructive criticism will be taken on board.

However, some of those who fall into category 3 are up to something more sinister. They mainly reside on that cesspool otherwise known as Twitter, some have a large reach via podcasts and blogs, and have been part of an orchestrated smear campaign against the group for months over the Madrid display and the money that was raised for it. When I say smear campaign, I’m talking things like disgraceful allegations about where the money raised went. And because these people have a decent number of followers, it doesn’t take long for the misinformation to spread, so much so that this shit even spilled into the last home game before lockdown v West Ham. The perps know exactly who they are. Some of them may well lurk and post on this forum. Now that the penny has dropped and they’ve seen the size of the display which in turn has made them realise it cost a lot of money, some have now changed tack and said it would’ve been better to donate the money to charity due to the pandemic. I don’t know what goes through the heads of some of these people but given that the display was paid for long before a single person in this country had died of Covid-19, I’m not sure how that could be possible. In any case, fans donated money to an anti-UEFA protest. As for charity, 1894 has been donating to foodbanks for years and also made a donation just recently.

I don’t know what it is with these people. I can’t work out if it’s a jealousy thing because the group often garners a lot of publicity and can do things that make the back pages of a national newspaper or Sky Sports News (as happened with yesterday’s display), or whether it’s something else. One thing I know for sure is that they’re ungrateful bastards. Why? Well, banners, flags, and displays aren’t for everyone but since forming as an atmosphere group, 1894 has also campaigned tirelessly on various fan related issues. They’re affiliated to the FSA and were heavily involved in the TwentysPlenty campaign for cheaper away tickets. It was Dante himself who came up with the idea of a nationwide weekend of protest which took place in October 2015 and involved fan groups from every other Premier League club and some Football League clubs. Along with lobbying of the Premier League and some of their sponsors from the FSA and fan groups from Liverpool and Everton, just a few months later it was announced that Premier League away tickets would be capped at £30. So despite their shitty smear campaign of late, no doubt some of these clowns have financially benefitted due to 1894 playing a key part in securing cheaper Premier League tickets for all away fans.

I guess that’s gratitude for you!

1) Those who liked it
3) Those who didn’t like it, don’t appreciate the effort that went into it, have never had anything positive to say about 1894, and never will

Negative feedback from individuals who don’t have an agenda against the group - ie: some of the people @urban genie referenced and some of the posters on this thread - aren’t an issue and fall into category 2. You’ll never please everybody and 1894 aren’t above criticism so constructive criticism will be taken on board.

However, some of those who fall into category 3 are up to something more sinister. They mainly reside on that cesspool otherwise known as Twitter, some have a large reach via podcasts and blogs, and have been part of an orchestrated smear campaign against the group for months over the Madrid display and the money that was raised for it. When I say smear campaign, I’m talking things like disgraceful allegations about where the money raised went. And because these people have a decent number of followers, it doesn’t take long for the misinformation to spread, so much so that this shit even spilled into the last home game before lockdown v West Ham. The perps know exactly who they are. Some of them may well lurk and post on this forum. Now that the penny has dropped and they’ve seen the size of the display which in turn has made them realise it cost a lot of money, some have now changed tack and said it would’ve been better to donate the money to charity due to the pandemic. I don’t know what goes through the heads of some of these people but given that the display was paid for long before a single person in this country had died of Covid-19, I’m not sure how that could be possible. In any case, fans donated money to an anti-UEFA protest. As for charity, 1894 has been donating to foodbanks for years and also made a donation just recently.

I don’t know what it is with these people. I can’t work out if it’s a jealousy thing because the group often garners a lot of publicity and can do things that make the back pages of a national newspaper or Sky Sports News (as happened with yesterday’s display), or whether it’s something else. One thing I know for sure is that they’re ungrateful bastards. Why? Well, banners, flags, and displays aren’t for everyone but since forming as an atmosphere group, 1894 has also campaigned tirelessly on various fan related issues. They’re affiliated to the FSA and were heavily involved in the TwentysPlenty campaign for cheaper away tickets. It was Dante himself who came up with the idea of a nationwide weekend of protest which took place in October 2015 and involved fan groups from every other Premier League club and some Football League clubs. Along with lobbying of the Premier League and some of their sponsors from the FSA and fan groups from Liverpool and Everton, just a few months later it was announced that Premier League away tickets would be capped at £30. So despite their shitty smear campaign of late, no doubt some of these clowns have financially benefitted due to 1894 playing a key part in securing cheaper Premier League tickets for all away fans.

There are, sadly, some snide and smarmy City fans who think they're the bees-knees and far too cool for any of this stuff. It's nothing personal against the 1894 Group; it's anyone who tries to stick their head above the parapet and actually do something, however small, for their fellow fans. It's not just Dante, jrb or you they have a go at, it's also Kevin Parker and Supporters Clubs in general, Ian Cheeseman, City Matters, the Foodbank guys, Dave Wallace and KOTK etc. Anyone with any sort of profile or who does something to help fans or support the club in some way is fair game to them. Fucking arseholes the lot of them.

Last edited:
People liking or disliking a banner can't be compared to fans questioning some practices by the club. It is all money first and fans second whether it is UEFA, the FA, the PL or MCFC.

Fails to understand original point. Tick.

Resorts to mild abuse and name calling. Tick.

Adopts persona of internet tough guy while sitting in bedroom of mummy’s house. Tick.

Jesus you’re just a stereotypical internet moron. You are laughable.

Didn’t say nobody would turn up. just not a crowd and as such depending on the location I’d have thought social distancing wouldn’t be a problem.
Irony alert

1) Those who liked it

You'll never please everyone with design, trust me, it's something I do for a living. Suddenly everyone's an expert on colours, layout and messages, people who've never designed anything professionally in their lives. For me the banner does the job, the message is there, it's honest, let's those that need to know what we are feeling as fans and is humorous. That's what we wanted, that's what we got.

Job done and glad I contributed to the fund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.