#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first touch is magnificent. Some of the take-ons in last night's match were outstanding. Balls that were fizzed at him stuck like glue some were not meant to be for him but the next player along but still they stuck.

We have bubblegum as Bernado's nickname so how about velcro for Phil?

I think he’s wasted on the left and offers much more than Bernardo does as a central attacking midfielder.
I’d like him more on the left with Mendy behind him. Don’t like it so much with Zinchenko as his best game is playing as in inverted fullback. But with Mendy overlapping, Foden is free to come into the middle and we have a dangerous overload. He’s not really playing as a left winger, it’s just his starting position.

Late to the party but get in Phil. Not many 20-year-olds can run a Premier League game and it's even more impressive considering Mahrez and Silva were on the pitch too and the opposition are mostly huge, experienced men. I think he'll start against Newcastle and from there probably start at least half of our remaining league games.

There's no point signing anyone to replace Silva because it's now a very real possibility that they'll end up not settling in and Foden will be a better player than this lad we've just spunked £50m on- the budget needs to go on defenders instead!

What i really like about Foden is the awareness when taking the ball, not over complicating things and only doing fancy things when you know you can. On top of this it looks like he has added work rate, but that's not the only thing that Pep wants, it has to be work rate for the benefit of the team not the benefit of yourself. That means not running around like a maniac after the ball, but pressing together and understanding your team mates importance in the press. I like the analogy that Hargreaves used, he needs reps and that will improve him as a player. He might just get that now, with the way things have gone.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/de-bruyne-silva-foden-goals-18478797

Foden always gets compared to our existing players styles and I get the hybrid articles but who's style outside the club does he remind you of?

Not having Iniesta was a lot slower at 20 and more of a passer.

Isco in terms of he can pop up in any attacking area but Isco is more of a skillful player and less direct with it.
Hazard seems to move quick but is a better dribbler.
Joe Cole's style was based on a Zidane style.

Deco?

Best player England has at the moment, on pure talent at least. Plays with a smile on his face most the time and always looking to have an impact. Can do everything and Southgate needs to get off his high horse, he's not the elite level manager Pep is. Call him up next time round and play him. England will be better for it.

Best player England has at the moment, on pure talent at least. Plays with a smile on his face most the time and always looking to have an impact. Can do everything and Southgate needs to get off his high horse, he's not the elite level manager Pep is. Call him up next time round and play him. England will be better for it.

Fear not our Phil will be getting a sizable collection of caps and unlike most before him will also pick up one or two medals whilst building his collection. For England there are plenty of good young players who will with Phil running the show see England have a fantastic decade, and thats coming from a miserable bastard who usually predicts doom and gloom regarding our national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.