Future Strikers

We definitely need somebody, as you can't trust Aguero and Jesus to both stay injury free throughout a season. It's a shame that none of the academy prospects pushing through at the moment seem to be strikers.

I think we can't just sign someone who is solely a centre-forward. It'll make things complicated for one position having 3 players where 2 of them can only play in that one spot.

I actually think we're better off signing a wide forward. Either someone who can play in the middle if needed and can be moved around as and when is necessary (like Jesus) or someone who can play in a way out wide that means we could train reliably Sterling up to be more of a central player.

There's surely a few of the former players knocking about. I know as examples, United have two in Rashford and Martial; Chelsea have just signed one in Werner; Arsenal use Aubameyang in that way at times; Everton have Richarlison etc. We just need to find one for ourselves.

We definitely need somebody, as you can't trust Aguero and Jesus to both stay injury free throughout a season. It's a shame that none of the academy prospects pushing through at the moment seem to be strikers.

I think we can't just sign someone who is solely a centre-forward. It'll make things complicated for one position having 3 players where 2 of them can only play in that one spot.

I actually think we're better off signing a wide forward. Either someone who can play in the middle if needed and can be moved around as and when is necessary (like Jesus) or someone who can play in a way out wide that means we could train reliably Sterling up to be more of a central player.

There's surely a few of the former players knocking about. I know as examples, United have two in Rashford and Martial; Chelsea have just signed one in Werner; Arsenal use Aubameyang in that way at times; Everton have Richarlison etc. We just need to find one for ourselves.
I like him. As a Sane replacement now and Aguero replacement long-term.

Every time someone mentions our need for a tall, strong striker who can finish we get the same response that “that sort of player doesn’t suit our play style” which is complete bollocks considering the number of time’s we hit hopeful crosses into the box for our midgets to try and get to.

We need a striker who has real presence in the box. Who can be used to break down the stubborn park the bus teams. The number of times this season I’ve watched Kev put in a beauty of a cross only for Gabby or Sterling to be unable to get on the end of it.

We don’t need another 5 foot nothing striker who is 4 stone wet through.

Won't be a popular one, but Memphis Depay. Can play on the left and through the middle. Has a work rate that would shame Sterling and Jesus, and a first touch that is miles ahead of either of them. He is incredibly strong and also has a very good scoring record. More than anything, however, I think he has a bigtime attitude and hunger to win, which is something I think we need.

Won't be a popular one, but Memphis Depay. Can play on the left and through the middle. Has a work rate that would shame Sterling and Jesus, and a first touch that is miles ahead of either of them. He is incredibly strong and also has a very good scoring record. More than anything, however, I think he has a bigtime attitude and hunger to win, which is something I think we need.
Also has a point to prove. I thought he looked much improved when he played against us in the CL. Also thought Fekir looked a very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.