Future Strikers

mousa dembele and Marcus thuram would be my choice for striker and winger. Adds pace, power, height and goal threat. Thuram is a supreme athlete who would kill it at the back post with our crosses.

Also has a point to prove. I thought he looked much improved when he played against us in the CL. Also thought Fekir looked a very good player.

Yes, I always think that’s a good motivator, too.
My only concern would be that he’s returning from an ACL, but he seems to have recovered extremely quickly, so perhaps it was not as bad as others have had.

Luka Jovic maybe worth another look? We were keen as mustard before he went to Madrid! Can score different types of goals and pep could possibly get him back to a goal scoring machine

A front 3 option of LW Sterling/Jesus ST Haaland/Aguero RW Bernardo Mahrez is stuff of dreams

Everyone will be after Haaland. when that happens we dont get the player

we aint going after a striker in this window - not with aguero still here. The club will laready hopefully have identified his replacement for when he does leave however.

Luka Jovic maybe worth another look? We were keen as mustard before he went to Madrid! Can score different types of goals and pep could possibly get him back to a goal scoring machine

wee we after him though or was it just paper/media talk?

Good move as at the moment we would struggle without him . If he gets injured next season and we don’t bring anyone in then we have big problems .

the fact that we are looking at extending Sergios contract another year leads me to think we aint ready to replace him yet --

Sergio is godlike and there are few (if any) better. Replacing him is going to be very difficult. Hopefully the management are seeing that with Jesus alone we dont have enough. Jesus is fine against the lesser teams and will get his tap ins etc but when the chips are down he rarely produces (awaits someone to mention the goal vs madrid)

wee we after him though or was it just paper/media talk?

it seemed we genuinely had an interest mate at the time. I think we need another striker as although Sergio will be back for next season, he can leave in a year and as we’ve already seen if he gets injured for a period time gabby isn’t clinical enough when we need goals? I fondly remember the options of aguero, tevez, dzeko and balotelli ! We had 4 strikers then all with different skill sets?

it seemed we genuinely had an interest mate at the time. I think we need another striker as although Sergio will be back for next season, he can leave in a year and as we’ve already seen if he gets injured for a period time gabby isn’t clinical enough when we need goals? I fondly remember the options of aguero, tevez, dzeko and balotelli ! We had 4 strikers then all with different skill sets?

I absolutely agree we need another striker but it aint happening while Sergio is a the club and the fact that there are stories going around that we are looking to extend Sergios contract may tell us that we are not ready to replace him. Abslutely agree gabby aint cliniical enough.....great work rate and link up play but not much else

1st choice - Haaland - won't happen this year.
2nd choice - Jovic - doable but we won't.
3rd choice - lautaro - most likely, doesn't offer anything different to what we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.