It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the price though to be fair, when you buy a new TV on 0% finance you don't say it cost only the price of the initial deposit.

What winds me up is when they add on wages or (accidentally on purpose) quote the euro fee as GBP!
If they do it that way then they should do it for all, including the red teams. Apparently Sancho is the bargain of all time, cos they are offsetting millions a month lost on Sanchez

That is the price though to be fair, when you buy a new TV on 0% finance you don't say it cost only the price of the initial deposit.

What winds me up is when they add on wages or (accidentally on purpose) quote the euro fee as GBP!

but if teams like the rags or dippers by a player they always state the lower price. It’s a subtle way of implying we are inflating the market. City fans know the truth but the great unwashed lap up what is printed in the red tops

There certainly won't be a huge amount of money incoming this summer due to the quality of players we are trying to offload, their wages and the general state of the market.

I can't imagine a long line of potential buyers for the likes of Stones, Otamendi or Mendy and any of them that do depart will be getting a pay off to ensure they don't earn a penny less than they would if they stayed until the end of their contracts.

Notice how they state £37 mill and not the initial price for Torres - they are subtle snakes

despite their own article when we signed him saying (and I quote):

The Spain U21 international becomes Pep Guardiola's first summer signing, joining for an initial fee of £20.8m plus bonuses.

Liking the fact we’re bringing in the players we need now and quickly
Focus on shifting others out after
Hate it when it’s the other way round as everything just drags on

Suspect koulibaly, lautouro, havertz etc are dependant on their teams end of season

only when it’s us. lukaku was always quoted as a 75 million buy, which was the initial fee. They never include the add ons, or the fact Rooney who cost them 25 million went the other way. But Cancelo is reported as 60 million because Danilo went the other way

Like others have said - that's kind of missing the point, which is that the way fees are reported isn't applied consistently.

Look at the Sancho deal as an example. It's highly likely the Rags will have to pay Dortmund the full asking price - which amounts to £108m - but that Dortmund are open to negotiating on the payment structure.

So the Rags put out a briefing that they 'won't be bullied into overpaying for the player', then agree an initial payment of - say - £80m. This will be then be reported as the fee thay've paid, when the remainder will be paid in full through instalments and a few easily achieved add-ons.

Fans will read the headlines, and then it becomes fact that Sancho cost £80m, and the Rags stood up to Dortmund - successfully negotiating them down on their price. The reality is they did as they were told, and paid up in full.

Same happened with Lukaku, who 'cost them' £75m - when in reality that was the initial payment, with add-ons up to £90m - plus Rooney for free. In reality, he cost over £100m, but you won't find that anywhere on Sky/Daily Hate/Guardian.

Meanwhile, Torres cost City £37m. Fact. With every conceivable add-on factored in - but who cares?

That's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.