It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are a tiresome bore. I didn’t say he had no ability, I said we won’t buy him because -
1 too expensive
2 wages too high
3 he dives
4 the effect he would have on the rest of the squad

You then accused me of having some personal vendetta against him, I don’t, I just don’t see him adding any value to our squad based on the above (and more, but I really don’t have the time; just google Neymar attitude and you’ll get the idea).

Now you are TELLING me that he is one of the top 5 players in the world, as if that is fact; it’s utter garbage, there is no such measurable as “the top 5 players in the world”, that list is entirely subjective and opinion based. He MAY be in the top 5 players in the world for natural ability, but in terms of application of ability, I wouldn’t put him in the top 100. Players such as KDB, Messi, Ronaldo, VVD, Alaba, Laporte, Hazard, Lewandoski, D Silva, Sterling, Kane, Aubameyang, Mane, Salah, Aguero and many more would be in any team of mine before Neymar, because in every case IN MY OPINION they all apply themselves much more. That’s my opinion, and it makes me neither sad nor bitter. I am however old, but then at least my user name is based on irony rather than last years Christmas present.
I never said we’d buy him either so the first part of your post is completely irrelevant.

If you don’t see how he’s a top player and keep denying it then there really isn’t much else I can add. Whilst I know he isn’t liked by many of the older guard on here for the same superficial reasons that Grealish isn’t, I don’t think many reasonable people would say that Neymar isn’t even a top 100 player. Perhaps the key word is in that sentence.

Not sure if you are just bored or miserable but if it’s the latter I sincerely hope that whatever is troubling you gets better. I don’t mean that in a condescending or bad way either, just from one blue to another. All the best!

I never said we’d buy him either so the first part of your post is completely irrelevant.

If you don’t see how he’s a top player and keep denying it then there really isn’t much else I can add. Whilst I know he isn’t liked by many of the older guard on here for the same superficial reasons that Grealish isn’t, I don’t think many reasonable people would say that Neymar isn’t even a top 100 player. Perhaps the key word is in that sentence.

Not sure if you are just bored or miserable but if it’s the latter I sincerely hope that whatever is troubling you gets better. I don’t mean that in a condescending or bad way either, just from one blue to another. All the best!
Not agreeing with you is not bitter, not bored, not miserable you daft sod, so stop the fucking insults. And if you care to read what I wrote, I said not a top 100 player, in my opinion, IN TERMS OF APPLICATION. I doubt he is top 1,000 in terms of application, IN MY OPINION. He has, IN MY OPINION, more natural ability than say KDB, but doesn’t come close in terms of overall ability, because of how KDB applies himself. In terms of condescending, have a think about shit like “I hope whatever is troubling you gets better”, the words of a truly condescending prick.

You really are a tiresome bore. I didn’t say he had no ability, I said we won’t buy him because -
1 too expensive
2 wages too high
3 he dives
4 the effect he would have on the rest of the squad

You then accused me of having some personal vendetta against him, I don’t, I just don’t see him adding any value to our squad based on the above (and more, but I really don’t have the time; just google Neymar attitude and you’ll get the idea).

Now you are TELLING me that he is one of the top 5 players in the world, as if that is fact; it’s utter garbage, there is no such measurable as “the top 5 players in the world”, that list is entirely subjective and opinion based. He MAY be in the top 5 players in the world for natural ability, but in terms of application of ability, I wouldn’t put him in the top 100. Players such as KDB, Messi, Ronaldo, VVD, Alaba, Laporte, Hazard, Lewandoski, D Silva, Sterling, Kane, Aubameyang, Mane, Salah, Aguero and many more would be in any team of mine before Neymar, because in every case IN MY OPINION they all apply themselves much more. That’s my opinion, and it makes me neither sad nor bitter. I am however old, but then at least my user name is based on irony rather than last years Christmas present.

But what's your opinion though?

Tell pep,txiki and khaldoon,we don't go for pricks anymore

I guess you haven’t listened to (nor read the transcript of) our new players interview. For the record I have no issue with it, but he most certainly comes across as a negative character. Football fans always find ways to romanticise clubs and we are guilty of it as well.

I guess you haven’t listened to (nor read the transcript of) our new players interview. For the record I have no issue with it, but he most certainly comes across as a negative character. Football fans always find ways to romanticise clubs and we are guilty of it as well.

No he doesn't.

He comes across as someone very happy to be coming here.

I have seen it ,he is not a negative character and If that is your best defence you have lost,we have standards and that is that,their personality and how they will fit in is as important as their skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.