Bluemoon C-V Fitness thread

Thought I’d give this a bump.

As my gym and pool were closed until the 22nd July, me and the Mrs went all wanky and cleaned up our diet as we’d put on a few pounds at the start of lockdown despite running (and then it got too hot to run).

Anyway, it’s true what they say about the kitchen is where is where you lose weight. I’ve dropped 15kg from 103 to 88 and today bought 32” jeans at Zara (something I didn’t think I’d be doing again ever).

We’ve been gymming each morning (but I’ve been doing less weights and more cardio/core) and then doing 1.5km in the pool in the early afternoon when it’s empty of kids. (As we’re both still working from home). So pretty pleased with ourselves and to celebrate, we’ve booked a table at the Hilton sports bar tomorrow to have a meal and watch the game. Our first trip/date out since February and I can’t fucking wait.

So jealous of you! You tried these?

45 seconds on 45 seconds off x 4 to see how close you can get to 1000
and 6 x 500m sprints with 2 mins rest in between?

Brutal!

Also fortunate to have my own Concept 2 rower at home, used to do the 6x500/2:00r quite a bit, but the 45 secs one sounds brutal.... you need to hit 1:30 pace to get 1000 metres out!

Been chipping away at my 5k time for a while, got it down to 20:48, which is a pace of 2:04.8..... wanting to get below 20 mins, but even the thought of knocking 5 secs off that pace makes me feel ill, keeping under 2:00 pace seems so difficult, bit of a mental thing i reckon.

I'm 62, overweight and have moved from walking on a treadmill to using the concept 2 in our home gym. Have been using it regularly the last month and can now row 30 mins constant without my heart rate moving out of the aerobic training band. Small steps(strokes) but I'm already seeing the difference. Off for another session any minute. Have to say, it is a great piece of kit.

I'm 62, overweight and have moved from walking on a treadmill to using the concept 2 in our home gym. Have been using it regularly the last month and can now row 30 mins constant without my heart rate moving out of the aerobic training band. Small steps(strokes) but I'm already seeing the difference. Off for another session any minute. Have to say, it is a great piece of kit.
At university I was a rower and it’s fantastic for cardio workout. Builds both strength and endurance.

Having said that, because I was a rower at uni (and therefore used them nearly every day) I won’t go near the fucking evil things.

At university I was a rower and it’s fantastic for cardio workout. Builds both strength and endurance.

Having said that, because I was a rower at uni (and therefore used them nearly every day) I won’t go near the fucking evil things.
I played a lot of competitive sport, football, rugby, cricket, squash into my 40’s when my knees couldn’t take the strain any more. Since then have found it difficult to keep weight off and have tried all of the usual, running (hate it with a loathing), exercise bike, walking on a treadmill. The concept I enjoy most of all so hope that will keep me at it.
If you are getting into 32 jeans you ain’t doing too bad without the rowing mate.

Thought I’d give this a bump.

As my gym and pool were closed until the 22nd July, me and the Mrs went all wanky and cleaned up our diet as we’d put on a few pounds at the start of lockdown despite running (and then it got too hot to run).

Anyway, it’s true what they say about the kitchen is where is where you lose weight. I’ve dropped 15kg from 103 to 88 and today bought 32” jeans at Zara (something I didn’t think I’d be doing again ever).

We’ve been gymming each morning (but I’ve been doing less weights and more cardio/core) and then doing 1.5km in the pool in the early afternoon when it’s empty of kids. (As we’re both still working from home). So pretty pleased with ourselves and to celebrate, we’ve booked a table at the Hilton sports bar tomorrow to have a meal and watch the game. Our first trip/date out since February and I can’t fucking wait.
Impressive. What did you eat?

I have a Concept 2 in my garage gym. The best cardio workout you'll get.

If you get bored of staring at the screen, try the RowVigor app on iOS, it has row-along workouts, rivers to "row" etc etc.

Impressive. What did you eat?
One meal a day, no sugar, no booze (apart from weekends), no processed food, no carbs (other than salad and veg), no snacks.

My meals have been large and very tasty (Roast belly pork and all the veg or steak and salad etc), just without my favourite things like bread and pasta and sweets and stuff.

My aim is to try and see if I can get the six pack out for a last hurrah (I’m 39 next month) and then try and hit the weights a bit harder and use the calorie surplus to try and get big whilst remaining lean.

It’s basically been a 9 week cutting cycle making the most of the gym and big pool in our apartment block now being open and it being sunny which encourages you do want to go down and spend an hour swimming.

I have a Concept 2 in my garage gym. The best cardio workout you'll get.

If you get bored of staring at the screen, try the RowVigor app on iOS, it has row-along workouts, rivers to "row" etc etc.
I will try that as I have my iPad usually playing music. Thanks.

One meal a day, no sugar, no booze (apart from weekends), no processed food, no carbs (other than salad and veg), no snacks.

My meals have been large and very tasty (Roast belly pork and all the veg or steak and salad etc), just without my favourite things like bread and pasta and sweets and stuff.

My aim is to try and see if I can get the six pack out for a last hurrah (I’m 39 next month) and then try and hit the weights a bit harder and use the calorie surplus to try and get big whilst remaining lean.

It’s basically been a 9 week cutting cycle making the most of the gym and big pool in our apartment block now being open and it being sunny which encourages you do want to go down and spend an hour swimming.
Sounds like we're doing a similar diet, except i'm on 2 meals and lifting as well. Doing lunges (as many as i can) at the end of my workout seems to rush the metabolism really quickly i've found. Bit mad, but enjoying it tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.