Bluemoon C-V Fitness thread

Thought I’d give this a bump.

As my gym and pool were closed until the 22nd July, me and the Mrs went all wanky and cleaned up our diet as we’d put on a few pounds at the start of lockdown despite running (and then it got too hot to run).

Anyway, it’s true what they say about the kitchen is where is where you lose weight. I’ve dropped 15kg from 103 to 88 and today bought 32” jeans at Zara (something I didn’t think I’d be doing again ever).

We’ve been gymming each morning (but I’ve been doing less weights and more cardio/core) and then doing 1.5km in the pool in the early afternoon when it’s empty of kids. (As we’re both still working from home). So pretty pleased with ourselves and to celebrate, we’ve booked a table at the Hilton sports bar tomorrow to have a meal and watch the game. Our first trip/date out since February and I can’t fucking wait.
I'm a 32" leg.
Seriously well done, great results.

Thought I'd give insanity another go this week, five days in and I'm hobbled over like an old man, wondering if hitting 40 does something to your body that makes HIIT impossible.

Was doing sweat intervals on Wednesday, a burpee into downward dog style thingy down on all fours, jumped forward to go back into it and felt three distinct pops in my lower back. Two days later and still feels like I have a fist pushing into my lower back and walking is slow and painful.

I'd not done any real exercise for 3 weeks, was giving myself a mini break, and now looks like I have an enforced one too. Gutted. Partly because I'm injured but mostly because I now really feel like an old fart with a body that can't cash the cheques my mind is writing.

Thought I'd give insanity another go this week, five days in and I'm hobbled over like an old man, wondering if hitting 40 does something to your body that makes HIIT impossible.

Was doing sweat intervals on Wednesday, a burpee into downward dog style thingy down on all fours, jumped forward to go back into it and felt three distinct pops in my lower back. Two days later and still feels like I have a fist pushing into my lower back and walking is slow and painful.

I'd not done any real exercise for 3 weeks, was giving myself a mini break, and now looks like I have an enforced one too. Gutted. Partly because I'm injured but mostly because I now really feel like an old fart with a body that can't cash the cheques my mind is writing.

I failed first time around cos of my poor form. I hurt myself doing it.

Went back to it a year later with proper form and found the yoga bits REALLY important!!

Little bump. Has anyone managed to continue making use of the lock downs or has the U.K. having been opened all summer meant everyone’s continued to sidle along?

Everything other than gyms/outdoor poolS are still pretty much on lock down out here (no pubs open but you can book a socially distanced two hour slot at a restaurant if you want to “party”). So during the few minutes a day I’m not on here Or working I’ve just been swimming and hitting the gym a couple of times a day and except for the very infrequent glass of wine, avoided the booze.

Having been 95kg pre lockdown in January, 103kg mid-March, I’ve dropped about 20kg and am probably in the best shape I’ve been in (whilst approaching the dreaded 40). My great worry is putting it all back on when the world returns to normal as that will be depressing in itself.

Can’t say I enjoy working out with a mask on though.

Little bump. Has anyone managed to continue making use of the lock downs or has the U.K. having been opened all summer meant everyone’s continued to sidle along?

Everything other than gyms/outdoor poolS are still pretty much on lock down out here (no pubs open but you can book a socially distanced two hour slot at a restaurant if you want to “party”). So during the few minutes a day I’m not on here Or working I’ve just been swimming and hitting the gym a couple of times a day and except for the very infrequent glass of wine, avoided the booze.

Having been 95kg pre lockdown in January, 103kg mid-March, I’ve dropped about 20kg and am probably in the best shape I’ve been in (whilst approaching the dreaded 40). My great worry is putting it all back on when the world returns to normal as that will be depressing in itself.

Can’t say I enjoy working out with a mask on though.
Just joined a gym last night and going down later today, be the first time in a while I’ve been back in one but now the weather is turning to shit in ‘sunny Manchester’ I’ve decided to go indoors instead of running or cycling in the rain. Want to do some strength work as well as cardio as feel it could have helped with my times in the triathlons.
Fuck all else to do as still furloughed anyway so can get there 4/5 times a week no problem. Need to book appointments at swimming baths though as all the open water is closed now (god knows why?) and this local gym doesn’t have a pool.

Don’t need to wear a mask here either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.