Which country next for the CFG group

with the UAE and Israel normalizing relations, i'd love (from a completely selfish point of view) for the CFG to buy Hapoel Tel Aviv.

We are yet to invest in Africa whilst in Europe and Asia now we are racking up clubs. The owners have stated on more than one occasion that they want to have clubs in all continents, so Africa is coming sooner or later. With that in mind, Morocco has one of the stronger leagues in the continent and has produced talent for top euro clubs in recent years.

Morocco:

Raja Casablanca, 11 time national champions with their last title back in 2012-13, they were the first/only Arab team to reach the final of the club world cup, where they beat Auckland City, Monterrey, and Atletico Mineiro before falling 2-0 to Bayern Munich. They won the African Champions League in 1989, 1997 and 1999, and the Arab Champions League in 2005-06. They play at the 67,000 capacity Stade Mohammed V, Casablanca, which they share with rivals Wydad Casablanca who are the most titled side of Morocco. Plays in green. Raja have an impressive pedigree to build on, but they are still in the shadow of Wydad which would bring that story into play in overpassing them.

Ittihad Tanger, national champions in 2017-18, after only getting promoted from the second division as champions in 2014-15. They play at the 45,000 capacity Stade Ibn Batouta, Tangiers. Since reaching the top division they have finished 3rd, 5th, 1st and 5th. Plays in blue and white, although not sky blue. Ittihad is another transliteration of Etihad in Arabic. Ittihad have shot up to their first title from the second division, could be compared to Leicester City here. In that respect they would be a solid base to build from and something different to Raja. The name Ittihad/Etihad might also appeal to Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour.

Hassania Agadir, national champions in 2002-03. They play at the 45,500 capacity Stade Adrar, Agadir. Away kit is sky blue although home is red. Could do a Melbourne Heart job and just switch them round. These three have high capacity stadiums compared to their competitors. Hassania is more of an outsider, but with similar capacity to Raja and Ittihad, whereas most in the Bola top division are around 10,000. There are no teams other than Hassania with sky blue featuring on any of their kits.

Padua I thought that we had invested in club in South Africa. So a club in North Africa would suit us fine. The one and only problem I have with that is that should we take a player from Africa, and his country qualified. For The African Cup of Nations we would lose him for 2 months every other year.

We would be better of looking involving for clubs in either Poland, Ukraine, etc. As it would be easier to bring them into the squad for all of the season. We would not be having to realise them during the months of January and February. This is when the African Cup of Nations is usually played.

Padua I thought that we had invested in club in South Africa. So a club in North Africa would suit us fine. The one and only problem I have with that is that should we take a player from Africa, and his country qualified. For The African Cup of Nations we would lose him for 2 months every other year.

We would be better of looking involving for clubs in either Poland, Ukraine, etc. As it would be easier to bring them into the squad for all of the season. We would not be having to realise them during the months of January and February. This is when the African Cup of Nations is usually played.
We can’t allow worries about two-four weeks every other year affect our transfer policy. If we did, Yaya would never have joined us and we probably wouldn’t have achieved half of what we already have since the takeover.

Algeria? If Yaya didn't go shooting his mouth off the Ivory Coast would of been a more obvious choice. We have dabbled in Ghana (Right to Dream Academy)

I'd go with Ukraine, possibly, if we're focusing on development over commercial aspect. The state of that league isn't that bad. Plus it seems like Ukraine and Brazil have decent history or partnership. A lot of young Brazilians get their start there though not sure if it's a Ukraine thing or just a Shakhtar thing. That'd be one way though to tap in the Brazilian market if we don't end up investing in a club there directly.

I'd go with Ukraine, possibly, if we're focusing on development over commercial aspect. The state of that league isn't that bad. Plus it seems like Ukraine and Brazil have decent history or partnership. A lot of young Brazilians get their start there though not sure if it's a Ukraine thing or just a Shakhtar thing. That'd be one way though to tap in the Brazilian market if we don't end up investing in a club there directly.
Ukraine is a very rich league, which is why the Brazilians are there, the Country is unlikely to last the decade,

With the way things are going in the Ukraine it might be better to look at teams in Poland or maybe a team in the Czech republic would be a better idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.