It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very different Angelino's in fairness,the one playing in Germany has regained both his confidence and fitness.There aren't many better going forward,and his defending has improved plenty.
His defending is appalling, Mendy is far better, and that says everything.

There's an depressed air around the club, a staleness, a lot of fans are getting overly angry, players seem resigned to making the same mistakes. The club feels like it's becalmed, someone needs to give a collective slap in the face, hit them with the smelling salts and remind them there's 11 rounds left to go.

Pep is the person who has to do that, has to put the wind back in the sails, get up for it, inject some energy and look like he's ready for the fight.

I can't imagine how tough that is to do when your mother has just died, when you're a bit unsatisfied with the way the summer played out, there's no summer holiday to recharge, 8 players are missing, you're in your last year and the easy option is just to see it run out so you can take a break.

It must be really hard, but fucking hell it is his job, so he needs to do it or get out of the driving seat. We cannot have that miserably Eeyore performance from last Friday again.

He's the best manager in the world but someone needs to spark him back into life. I hope he goes away for a bit with the kids over the international break, gets a bit of joie de vivre back.

1000% spot on. The club is in a proper slump and sadly it's on Pep to bring it back. He's got every reason to feel how he does of course, but sadly it simply doesn't help at all. I hate to say it, but look at the bullishness of Klopp last night, chasing down Roy Keane. There's such a confidence around the club and of course that will rub off onto the players. We're just feeling sorry for ourselves, and I think it was pretty obvious in Rodri's comments too the other day.

1000% spot on. The club is in a proper slump and sadly it's on Pep to bring it back. He's got every reason to feel how he does of course, but sadly it simply doesn't help at all. I hate to say it, but look at the bullishness of Klopp last night, chasing down Roy Keane. There's such a confidence around the club and of course that will rub off onto the players. We're just feeling sorry for ourselves, and I think it was pretty obvious in Rodri's comments too the other day.
Bring Vinnie home as his number 2.

There's an depressed air around the club, a staleness, a lot of fans are getting overly angry, players seem resigned to making the same mistakes. The club feels like it's becalmed, someone needs to give a collective slap in the face, hit them with the smelling salts and remind them there's 11 rounds left to go.

Pep is the person who has to do that, has to put the wind back in the sails, get up for it, inject some energy and look like he's ready for the fight.

I can't imagine how tough that is to do when your mother has just died, when you're a bit unsatisfied with the way the summer played out, there's no summer holiday to recharge, 8 players are missing, you're in your last year and the easy option is just to see it run out so you can take a break.

It must be really hard, but fucking hell it is his job, so he needs to do it or get out of the driving seat. We cannot have that miserably Eeyore performance from last Friday again.

He's the best manager in the world but someone needs to spark him back into life. I hope he goes away for a bit with the kids over the international break, gets a bit of joie de vivre back.
Pep has not been the same since Arteta left

He needed a number 2 to bounce off not someone who will agree with him all the time
Not sure current set up suits him

Would love Vinny back as his assistant and something like this could give Pep the spark again

Pep has not been the same since Arteta left

He needed a number 2 to bounce off not someone who will agree with him all the time
Not sure current set up suits him

Would love Vinny back as his assistant and something like this could give Pep the spark again
I agree but not Vinny yet, he will come back as manager one day if and when he learns the trade and is successful.

Fernandino should be made no2 today, great respect at the club, intelligent, and not scared to call people out when required.

He is finished as a player, it would clear a highly valuable squad spot and give fresh impetus to Pep and the coaching

The current no2 is not fit for purpose and far too close to Pep to challenge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.