It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but not Vinny yet, he will come back as manager one day if and when he learns the trade and is successful.

Fernandino should be made no2 today, great respect at the club, intelligent, and not scared to call people out when required.

He is finished as a player, it would clear a highly valuable squad spot and give fresh impetus to Pep and the coaching

The current no2 is not fit for purpose and far too close to Pep to challenge him.

It certainly needs to be someone who will challenge peps ideas and bring their own to the table

Rodri's comments were pathetic.

The exact stuff we used to slaughter people like Rio Ferdinand for.

The most infuriating thing was him saying along the lines of "should we have just passed between our centre backs for 80 mins seeing as Leicester wouldn't press?"

That would have been a far better tactic than continuing to throw the kitchen sink at them when we were 1-0 up. Ridiculous game management and only Pep to blame for that.

No way would Pep have Kompany as his assistant nor would the club dare to get involved with telling him who should or shouldn't be in his staff.
Vinny literally said on Belgian TV about a month ago that Pep asked him to replace Arteta lmao

I think you are with Doyle.He looked great in the Cup,one of our better players first half.
He's tenacious,energetic and mobile,calm on the ball,reads play very well and can pass the ball/build attacks from the back.

At 18,it's only experience he's lacking.I'd definitely be playing him ahead of Gundogan,who doesn't have the same energy/industry or aggression.

What do you not like?

THB is gonna struggle,a loan will find his ability.

Nothing I don't like mate I just don't see him being a top top player.

City needs to get the house in order real quick. There is an air of invincibility about Liverpool on how to approach the game. They have really made some shrewd signings without spending as much as us and Kloop in his attitude looks very rejuvenated. There is still a long season to go but they look dangerous. Another PL or CL title for Liverpool and Kloop may overtake Pep's legacy in the premier league.
And I don't like the leeway being given to Pep in terms of contract extension and other things. He is not bigger than the club and IF his mind is not right for the job it's better to move on. His last few outings and temperament makes me shudder

Not bringing in an energetic midfielder to help replace/rotate Fernandinho will be our undoing.

Last season we looked vulnerable when he was moved to defence. We looked slow as hell without him against Lyon. Against Leicester the team fell apart as soon as he was substituted.

I don't know what Pep, Txiki, etc, are seeing that I'm not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.