It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out his profile he's had an interview with Tommy Doyle and is a journalist in training.

I know the lad. He's a nice guy, season ticket holder, training to be a journalist. He's definitely not on the wind up. He's saying that to his group of Twitter followers, not a whole forum of cynical Bluemooners. His info might not come to fruition, but I'd vouch that it was said in good faith.

Yeah and Bernado had a great season (one in three) but we closed out that season by being much more solid rather than with the flair of the previous season. Fair enough though it worked excellently. Couple of big differences is now though in that during that few months Sterling played very well on the left and that’s the only time he’s been consistent there in about 4 years on the left In total and we’re a creative midfielder down. Scoring plenty of goals doesn’t meaning he’s been playing well there or committing fullbacks because for over 12 months now he hasn’t. The signs were there against Wolves as despite us playing very well first half we still didn’t create much and if it wasn’t for some very poor finishing we could easily have lost thatin the 2nd half. When Wolves came at us they were going through us pretty easily.
When sterling plays on the left he usually vacates his position and becomes a second striker - leads to more goals but we become more narrow with no width and mendy becomes more exposed defensively.Need to move raheem to right and need a new winger on the left.

There's an depressed air around the club, a staleness, a lot of fans are getting overly angry, players seem resigned to making the same mistakes. The club feels like it's becalmed, someone needs to give a collective slap in the face, hit them with the smelling salts and remind them there's 11 rounds left to go.

Pep is the person who has to do that, has to put the wind back in the sails, get up for it, inject some energy and look like he's ready for the fight.

I can't imagine how tough that is to do when your mother has just died, when you're a bit unsatisfied with the way the summer played out, there's no summer holiday to recharge, 8 players are missing, you're in your last year and the easy option is just to see it run out so you can take a break.

It must be really hard, but fucking hell it is his job, so he needs to do it or get out of the driving seat. We cannot have that miserably Eeyore performance from last Friday again.

He's the best manager in the world but someone needs to spark him back into life. I hope he goes away for a bit with the kids over the international break, gets a bit of joie de vivre back.
A point gone unnoticed or so it seems to me is Pep is the only manager I remember saying football without fans is pointless, maybe he is finding that hard.
I just wonder too is a lot of the depressed air is amongst fans more than around the club coming from there being no prospect of being able to get to games anytime soon.
I also think theres a lack of patience and until we see the team playing after the international break with the new players and Jesus back it’s impossible to say how the season will play out , injuries and covid absences are adding to the frustration too but every team will be hit at some point with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.