COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
OLDHAM RESIDENTS WILL ENJOY TODAY'S GM SCOREBOARD. THEY ARE MAKING IT VERY HARD FOR BORIS TO KEEP GM IN TIER 3.

GM CASES 807 up from 731

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today: 1811 v 1508 v 1049 v 807 today.

Which should be E mailed to Boris by those wanting GM out of tier 3. Though as I have said in my posts the next two weeks in there may give GM a safer Christmas than other regions who will pay for it in January.

Manchester 153 – down from 155. Total cases 31, 302. Weekly 1001. Just failed to get back under the 1000 case a week barrier. Pop score up 28 to 5662 Weekly Pop down 1 to 181.

Wigan 121 – up from 82. Most of the rise in GM was here and Bury today, Total cases 16, 698 Weekly 662.. Pop score up 37 to 5081. Weekly Pop stays at 202.

Rochdale 96 - up from 83. Total cases 12, 792. Weekly 592. Pop score up 44 to 5752. Weekly Pop down 4 to 267.

Bury 92 – up from 66. Total cases 9861. Weekly 424. Pop score up 48 – most in GM today - to 5163. Weekly Pop up 3 to 222.

Bolton 87 – up from 77. Total cases 15, 227. Weekly 551, Pop score up 30 to 5295. Weekly Pop down 17 to 191 (as Bolton had well over 100 cases last week). Now 6 boroughs below 200 - the usual tier 2 or 3 measure – more than half the 10 boroughs.

Salford 61 – up from 53. Total cases 13, 453. Weekly 375. Pop score up 24 to 5198. Weekly Pop down 4 to 145.

Tameside 59 – down from 65. Total cases 10, 513. Weekly 338. Pop score up 26 to 4642. Weekly Pop down 3 to 150.

Stockport 57 – down from 59. Total cases 10, 614. Weekly 357. Pop score up 19 to 3617. Weekly Pop down 16 to 121.

Oldham 56- down from 58 . Total cases 14, 892. Weekly 457, Pop score up 24 to 6281. Now 246 behind Blackburn the East Lancs town now out on its own as highest Pop Score in the UK. Lower than Stockport by one for second day running! Weekly Pop down a whopping 32 to 197. Make that 7 GM boroughs out of the 10 under 200. I cannot see Tier 3 status lasting,

Trafford 25– down from 43. Best in GM as ever. Three weeks of sub 100 numbers. Total cases 8762. Weekly 241. There is at least a fight on for best weekly numbers but Trafford is 97 clear of Tameside. Pop score up 11 to 3692. Lowest in GM today..Cuts the gap to Stockport for overall Pop score to just 75. Could be top by Christmas, Weekly Pop down 16 to 102. Best in GM and again 19 ahead of Stockport here matching population based numbers for second straight day. Could be back under 100 tomorrow – first GM borough in 3 months to do that if so.

Last edited:
Did i hear right that the clinically extremely vulnerable will be vaccinated if they already have appointments at one of the 50 hubs?

I'm classed as CEV and have an appointment at Salford royal on the 15th which is a hub. Wonder if they may give it me then?
That's what they are saying you should get a call to see if you are interested

Not reliable, polls generally are a bit meh..
Well what are you basing it on, just heresay. Besides you go out into your street or local cafe, or pub wnenever there is a crisis or big news event and see where people look for their news, Most will turn on the bbc or look on the bbc website. I offer no opinion on it , it’s just a fact.

Well what are you basing it on, just heresay. Besides you go out into your street or local cafe, or pub wnenever there is a crisis or big news event and see where people look for their news, Most will turn on the bbc or look on the bbc website. I offer no opinion on it , it’s just a fact.

Your basing it on a random poll, and your observations in the street or down the pub! That's not fact! Any stance they don't agree with is labelled extreme right, and their reporting on Covid has been pure scare tactics. That Welsh bloke with the deep voice reports it like the full time footy results, ''Deaths by covid 457 - Deaths by other causes 0' It's a dying empire and there are plenty of other alternatives now.

Your basing it on a random poll, and your observations in the street or down the pub! That's not fact! Any stance they don't agree with is labelled extreme right, and their reporting on Covid has been pure scare tactics. That Welsh bloke with the deep voice reports it like the full time footy results, ''Deaths by covid 457 - Deaths by other causes 0' It's a dying empire and there are plenty of other alternatives now.
Random?

IPSOS

Global leader in market research, Ipsos delivers reliable information and true understanding of Society, Markets ...

Suppose you don’t trust them either.

Cheers mate, i appreciate the concern. It's been a shitter but it's been worse for others. It would be nice to have a body full of covid antibodies though:)
Well, however things pan out I hope you have some light at the end of that very long tunnel very soon.
It's been difficult for everyone, but for those with immunity issues it must have felt like hell.
Hope you get those antibodies soon, am sure you will ;-)

Random?

IPSOS

Global leader in market research, Ipsos delivers reliable information and true understanding of Society, Markets ...

Suppose you don’t trust them either.

It's not an absolute, may be a reference point to suit your argument but again, meh. Marcus has posted tonight can you go and argue with him instead.

Topline positives are not the only criteria. I suspect you know that.

As for tiers, I would be happier with Tier 3 rather than Tier 2. That's with London having less than half of the deaths the NW are experiencing. As a non business owner, I wouldn't be regularly bitching about being in Tier 3 rather than 2.

London has a population of 9m, as well as a higher population density and far more HMOs than anywhere else. It's surprising that London is not much higher than all other areas in relation to all of the stats.

For reference, here's the weekly stats
Thank you for the data.

Yes I do understand there is more than one factor involved.

And as I have said a number of times I too am happy to be in tier 3 in the run up to Christmas as I genuinely think it will help keep the impact of Christmas and the 5 day free for all lower here than areas excluded from it.

Which in the dark months of mid winter that follow as we await more vaccines will be toughest for those who are highest through Christmas.

The lower we stay before the 5 days of mayhem the better we will avoid falling at the final hurdle.

But in fairness to those who disagree - as I get how hard this is for some and for businesses on their last legs - I point out the data that infers that right now the falling cases, 7 out of 10 GM boroughs under 200 weekly Pop score and lowering death numbers and patients in hospital and on ventilators as reasonable grounds for debate as to how fair this is.

Sadly Wales is in big trouble. And seems to be getting worse. Without question the worst of the four nations.

My best friend who is really vulnerable and has asthma has been asked to go to Wales for Christmas. I am sending her this data in hopes it will change her mind about saying yes. If indeed Wales is not in full lockdown by then.

I do wonder why their fire break was such a disaster and hope them going this far backwards is not a sign of a thurd wave for the rest of the UK.
When they came out of their firebreak the first minister said it's too early to see if it has been effective and they wouldn't no either way for another couple of weeks. I said at the time why the hell did they come out of it if they weren't sure the 17 days was going to be long enough.

I can see these priority groups being a little flexible. If the first vaccines are being given in hospitals to top priority group, and have to be kept in batches of 1000, they’re not going to throw it away if theres a spare 100
or so doses left at the end. Theyll surely give it to anyone who is around, be it patients or staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.