COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional hospital data:

London Patients up 44 to 1548 (was 1489 last wk). Ventilators down 1 to 259 (was 253 last wk)

Midlands Patients down 18 to 2842 (was 3142 last wk). Ventilators down 12 to 274 (was 313 last wk)

NE/Yorks Patients down 69 to 2709 (was 3118 last wk). Ventilators down 19 to 185 (was 247 last wk)

And NORTH WEST

Patients down 54 to 2446 (was 2746 last wk). Ventilators down 4 to 194 (was 229 last wk).

As you can see all going down except London which is not rising by much happily.

NE/Yorks had the best few days and fallen 409 patient and 62 ventilators in that time to now have fewer than the NW as a result.

The NW is exactly 300 fewer patients down in the week and 35 ventilators.

This all looks pretty hopeful.

Outside of GM - first up for Andyhinch:

Cheshire East 81 cases - up from 72 Total cases 9115. Pop score rises by 21 to 2373.

Weekly Pop score down 1 from 130 to 129.

Neither are correct to be honest. Most of the world is aligned in their approach to authorisation (why would you not be?). Our standards aren't centralised, granted, but they may as well be in terms of similarity.

Only exceptions being Japan and somewhat China.
The alignment of standards sounds very important. Collaboration seems to be the word of the day on why approval was achieved so fast. It’s good that the Pharmaceutical Companies are working with the regulator on an ongoing basis to try to resolve any issues upstream so that approval is achieved faster.

FWIW, I think Lanny is making the point that the MHRA could have approved the vaccine regardless of whether or not we are in the EU. He seems to have upped his game a bit since the days he was a bit of a laughing stock in the Department of Health.

Elsewhere: On Merseyside Liverpool just 65 cases - one of its lowest yet. Down from 84. Wirral also very low at 22 down from 39. Knowsley though up from 22 to 36.

In the Midlands Birmingham highest cases in UK as usual with 320 - up from 313. Leicester also up quite a bit from 123 to 171 cases. More than Manchester today. And after being the first place in the UK to go into the 1000 club finally joins many others - including all but 3 of the 10 boroughs in GM - in the 5000 club at 5029.Nottingham also doubled today from 65 to 121.

Elsewhere in the north - Warrington down from 57 to 49 cases. Leeds down 1 from 157 to 156. Bradford down slightly from 165 to 157.

But Blackburn rises from 72 to 76 and its Pop Score goes up by 51. Most in the areas I log today. And increases its lead over Oldham into what looks like an unassailable one with the highest number in the UK now at 6527.

As we saw earlier today with the England hospital deaths this is why 43 of today's deaths were in this part of East Lancashire. It still has real problems here unfortunately. That compares with 18 reported today in Pennine and 15 in Manchester.

The BBC are a spent force

They're a mouthpiece that's all, never report anything without an agenda, I think most of the nation has woken up to it. I've finally persuaded my parents to stop watching BBC news and they've just about come out from behind the sofa.

The other concern I have is that we don't know if vaccines stop the spread as yet. If they do - great! 'Cases' will come down to zero and the government will have a way out, albeit over a long period. If the vaccines do not stop the transmission but do stop people from developing illness, the government will have to change the way they record deaths away from 'died WITH covid particles' or else it is a never ending circle.

It is the folly of labelling perfectly health people who generate a covid positive test on a highly sensitive method as cases. This will be exacerbated by mess testing which with a 1% false positive rate will still show 10,000 cases even if nobody has the virus! Perhaps a move back to testing only those that get ill would become appropriate.

I hope I'm wrong but it will take a shift from the government to a more accurate method of reporting and tracking the effects of covid itself for them to have a way out. My hunch is things will co-incidentally end around the same time as the flu season ends.

JVT on now - really like this guy.
Never even thought about that. Yeah, good points!

more silly questions from jounalists asking questions clearly that no one can answer as yet?
They shouldn’t be allowed on these briefings.

They either ask questions on exactly what has just been said in the briefing, ask questions that have no answer yet, ask questions on pure speculation, or silly questions that don’t have anything to do with what needs asking.

The press should be given a different slot in the day, away from these briefings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.