Micah Richards the pundit

Whatever your feelings on his punditry he's doing what your supposed to do these days and for that reason sky will love him for it.

TV is now only the half of it. It's the YouTube links afterwards, the twitter reposts. Those little videos he does are what gains sky its supporters now. More and more people are going to socal media for their info, TV, highlights, entertainment etc making their own channels and 2 min clips.

I'll be alone in this, but I was a bit embarrassed by Micah (not the singing bit, but what was supposed to be analysis). He was buzzing, fine, but he really didn't give any kind of analysis. I can do what he did, in fact I did do it in front of my telly. But I'm not asking anyone to listen to me, and I don't get paid for it.

You're not alone.

This won't be popular but the only pundits I think are worth listening to are Souness and Neville. Souness has been a player, manager and although he is grumpy you know that he is telling you what he thinks from experience and I don't find him biased, although others may do.

When I heard Neville was going to be a pundit, my blood boiled. We've enough reds on the TV and don't need any more but he is superb. He laughs at himself and analyses the games in a neutral way. He's a guy who's also got good insight and I never thought I would say that about him.

I like Micah, he's a blue, but I'd prefer it if sometimes he wasn't the clown and just told us what it's really like. The lad made his debut very early, had a lot on his shoulders at his age, played for England early etc. He's got enough experience to be able to talk about it rather than trying to be the clown. Winding Keane up is fun, but after a while it distracts from what he should be doing - talking about the game and using his experiences to explain it to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.