#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly a controversial opinion is it?

I mean the best coach in the world (IMO) continually picks him for the best team in England (IMO) as they likely go on to win the 3rd PL title in 4 years.
The best coach in the world isn't stacked with players in his position. So he will start regardless

Good performance from him again yesterday. Had Davies on strings. Nice to see him taking players on and not hesitating as much these past two games. Seems to have regained some confidence. Needs to keep it up.

There was a situation towards the end where he could’ve shot about 3 times but he just kept running with the ball which was frustrating but these past two games have been his best performances by far this season

By far the most underrated player on the team (on this site) in my view; cant get my head around the lack of appreciation for him.

Would compare it to how Mane is perceived at Liverpool; yes Mane has a poor run of form, no Liverpool fans dont decide that he's a waste of space all of a sudden.

Who has been a more consistent outfield player for City over the past 4 years, there arent many.

By far the most underrated player on the team (on this site) in my view; cant get my head around the lack of appreciation for him.

Would compare it to how Mane is perceived at Liverpool; yes Mane has a poor run of form, no Liverpool fans dont decide that he's a waste of space all of a sudden.

Who has been a more consistent outfield player for City over the past 4 years, there arent many.
Who has posted he is a waste of space?

Dippers revert to death threats instead of Internet forum debates

I take it your a big fan of Mahrez then based on that criteria.

I'll elaborate on my meaning of "continually".

The best coach in the world (IMO) "continually" picks Sterling as demonstrated by the fact Sterling has played more PL minutes cumulatively than any other outfield player since 17/18.

Mahrez joined us for the 18/19 season and since 18/19 Sterling has played considerably more PL minutes than Mahrez and, indeed, any other City player except Ederson.

Mahrez is not continually selected as a first choice.

This guy has had other “more talented” players like Sane, Bernardo, Ferran and Mahrez wait out for their opportunity to have a consistent run in our first team over a number of seasons. Some of these players had to even feck off as a result.

Good performance from him again yesterday. Had Davies on strings. Nice to see him taking players on and not hesitating as much these past two games. Seems to have regained some confidence. Needs to keep it up.

There was a situation towards the end where he could’ve shot about 3 times but he just kept running with the ball which was frustrating but these past two games have been his best performances by far this season
Really impressed with him last night and a definite improvement over the past couple of weeks or so. Like you say, he absolutely destroyed Davies last night and it’s nice to see him run at (and past) people again with pace as it gives our play an extra dimension which no one else can really provide.

I think he’s more of a confidence player than than is generally perceived. The fact that he just got on with it in the face of all the hate he received when he joined us and all the racist shit he’s had to deal with gives the impression that he‘s immune to everything, but I do think he‘s better with a bit of encouragement. Interesting that Guardiola has gone out of way to praise him since the Liverpool game and hopefully he’s coming in to form at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.