Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Talkshite website:

Asked how City have gone on their sensational 19-match winning run, Pep responded: “We have a lot of money to buy a lot of incredible players.

Seriously? I must admit I’ve not seen any post Match interviews But that does seem very strange to say the least.
Pep lays the sarcasm on strong at times in his pressers.

From the Talkshite website:

Asked how City have gone on their sensational 19-match winning run, Pep responded: “We have a lot of money to buy a lot of incredible players.

Seriously? I must admit I’ve not seen any post Match interviews But that does seem very strange to say the least.
Pep trolling, that’s all.

Or Ellen White's club mentioned on the six min BBC video montage... :-(
Only final scorer of the match, pen was reported as "Manchester United player..."
(Oh and who won the pen, Chloe Kelly!!!)
Ex Chelsea and Arsenal striker White scored a hat trick along with goals from Lucy Bronze, West Ham's Rachel Daly and the pick of the bunch a quite wonderful finish from 12 yards from Manchester United's very own Ella "Talk o the" Toone.

I have thought a lot about this and have finally come round to your point of view. I was there on the night and witnessed the bus attack. There is no doubt the players were affected by what happened and we were three down after 30 minutes. The attack was ignored by the media but it was sustained and violent. It involved thousands of people and hundreds of missiles were thrown. It was not a small incident. It was arguably the worst direct attack on players by fans the UK has ever seen, certainly in its scale.
The Boca Juniors coach was attacked by River Plate fans before the Copa Libertadores Final and the match was abandoned by the authorities. If City had simply refused to play we would have been slaughtered by the press and the game would have been awarded to Liverpool. But a long-term precedent would have been set and the authorities would have been forced to act.
You be sure that the dippers will repeat this next season when fans return, it was an utterly disgusting act and the total lack of condemnation of it in the press at the time shows them up for what they are. If it does happen again I hope they simply turn the coach around and refuse to play as its obvious the safety of the City team cannot be guaranteed. Let the fa and dippers deal with the fall out and screw the points lost.

You be sure that the dippers will repeat this next season when fans return, it was an utterly disgusting act and the total lack of condemnation of it in the press at the time shows them up for what they are. If it does happen again I hope they simply turn the coach around and refuse to play as its obvious the safety of the City team cannot be guaranteed. Let the fa and dippers deal with the fall out and screw the points lost.
The expression ' take one for the team', could come into play. If I was on the bus I would tell the driver to stop. Then I would get off and walk alongside the bus . Any bottle or can that hits me I'd go down like mo salah. City could then refuse to play and would have good reason as the safety of their players wasn't guaranteed

Pep lays the sarcasm on strong at times in his pressers.
It won't be sarcasm. He's brought this up in the past when we've been in really good form. I'm fairly certain it's his way of keeping himself (and maybe the team?) humble. Judging from most interviews he's done since joining, humility is a big deal to him.

Loving the absolute drivel about the league being boring because of our domination.

Lets compare the most successful 9 year period.:

Liverpool 1975/76 to 1983/84
7 League titles
4 League cups
4 European Cups
1 UEFA Cup

United 92/93 to 2000/01
7 league titles
3 FA Cups
1 European Cup

Us
4 League titles
5 League Cups
1 FA Cup

3 of our titles were decided on the last game of the season and these are arguably the best Premier League title races there has been.

Loving the absolute drivel about the league being boring because of our domination.

Lets compare the most successful 9 year period.:

Liverpool 1975/76 to 1983/84
7 League titles
4 League cups
4 European Cups
1 UEFA Cup

United 92/93 to 2000/01
7 league titles
3 FA Cups
1 European Cup

Us
4 League titles
5 League Cups
1 FA Cup

3 of our titles were decided on the last game of the season and these are arguably the best Premier League title races there has been.
Two FA cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.