Winning the treble/quad with no fans in the stadium.

MillsyTheMosher

Had a chat with my mate about this.

Obviously it would be incredible to do the treble again and even more so if we did the quad however, we both said how devastating it is that we have been/will be robbed of the chance of witnessing history/greatness in person and watching it unfold in the stadium. It’s not the same watching on TV and is killing me not being able to go.

I have mixed emotions. On one hand it’d still be fucking amazing to do it but part of me would be broken I couldn’t be there.

it would be ‘typical city’ though to win the lot when we can’t actually go to the games :)

How do the rest of you feel ?

Whilst I understand the frustration, no trophies say 'won in front of x amount of fans'. If we win one pot, 2 or all 4, including an historic Champions League, it'll be more pots added to the collection, and that's what counts.
We live in mediocre times, but be it at the stadium or at home, this couple of months could make yet more history for this club. And I can't wait for that.

As great as we are currently playing,im not taking this season too seriously.Its unprecedented in numerous respects and farcical in others.It just needs accepting for what it is.

Saying that,any season we see the Rags in our shadow and the Dippers struggling is a good one.

Obviously it would be incredible to do the treble again and even more so if we did the quad however, we both said how devastating it is that we have been/will be robbed of the chance of witnessing history/greatness in person and watching it unfold in the stadium. It’s not the same watching on TV and is killing me not being able to go.

I have mixed emotions. On one hand it’d still be fucking amazing to do it but part of me would be broken I couldn’t be there.

it would be ‘typical city’ though to win the lot when we can’t actually go to the games :)

Maybe in the future, you will realise just how lucky you are to be able to get to games and watch them live, compared to people who live away, abroad or just can't afford to go, other people have work issues and couldn't get a season ticket as they would barely be able to make a game.

As for being broken and devastated, in these current times they are a bit much for a football reference don't you think?

Consider yourself lucky

Have you been playing with that nailgun again?

Bloody hell setting us up for a fall with this title, let’s get one trophy over the line first then see where they are picking up the others. Yes it would be sad not to witness it, I’m hoping if we do land the league we get to see it outside the cathedral with thousands of blues stood on Deansgate.
Yeah, yer win one and go for the double, win two, next a treble and so it goes on. I used to say the same to a Rag friend of my ERO - no talk of a double until the first is in the display case!

There will be fans by then. Probably only 2-10,000 though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.