Health anxiety

I took me 11 months to get into hospital when it was obvious somethimg was wrong, due to delays all around due to COVID, and what they found out seemed very likely in April last year.

if it is cancer suspected they are supposed to get you in within 2 weeks, but hopefully it is an inflamed this that or the other, as the groin is complex and hard to diagnose. Probably related to increased running during lockdown :)

I'd accept increased activity = these aches and pains if they stopped me in any way. It's the fact they don't at all which got my attention in the first place

Hope all is ok with you now mate

This is catastrophing (sp) anxiety that makes you believe the worst , only google nhs sites , ever , the rest is dangerous

A nurse said to me when i broke my shoulder , stop it , make a plan and only do what you can control and blank out the rest , dont look ahead , just think today

You have had the bloods done and worrying wont change the results

Have a beer , watch football and the results will be in when they are in

Believe me as someone who has had periods of anxiety so bad i couldnt get out of bed and scared of moving i understand you

Deep breathes and fill your time

This is catastrophing (sp) anxiety that makes you believe the worst , only google nhs sites , ever , the rest is dangerous

A nurse said to me when i broke my shoulder , stop it , make a plan and only do what you can control and blank out the rest , dont look ahead , just think today

You have had the bloods done and worrying wont change the results

Have a beer , watch football and the results will be in when they are in

Believe me as someone who has had periods of anxiety so bad i couldnt get out of bed and scared of moving i understand you

Deep breathes and fill your time

Cheers for that, just nipped to Tesco as it happens and they were out of my favourite beer! Even worse luck!

Yeah get lots of American health sites on my searches as well as the nhs ones

Hope it all goes well. I had what turned out to be two insect bites on my leg but convinced myself it was something serious as one had been there for a while and then the other one came along later. They were !little brown lumps. Plucked up the courage to visit the doctor who took one look and said insect bites.

I'd accept increased activity = these aches and pains if they stopped me in any way. It's the fact they don't at all which got my attention in the first place

Hope all is ok with you now mate

Not bad chief - moved on twice since last time we spoke.

Sometimes the pain comes later with RSI type injuries - but better to find out what it is before it becomes chronic. Sometimes paying £40 to see if a physio can diagnose it and suggest any mitigation is well worth it.

The NHS are always pretty quick on blood tests, even during the pandemic. Experience tells me if anything serious affecting immediate life or death, shows up in a blood test, you would of had a phone call by now.
Hope you get sorted.

Not bad chief - moved on twice since last time we spoke.

Sometimes the pain comes later with RSI type injuries - but better to find out what it is before it becomes chronic. Sometimes paying £40 to see if a physio can diagnose it and suggest any mitigation is well worth it.
That's good stuff. If there was a way to pay to figure this out immediately I would. Just playing the waiting game

The NHS are always pretty quick on blood tests, even during the pandemic. Experience tells me if anything serious affecting immediate life or death, shows up in a blood test, you would of had a phone call by now.
Hope you get sorted.

Only had the blood test Friday morning though so presume they won't look at them over the weekend? The nurse said by Wednesday...I'd really like it to be sooner though.

My knee has suddenly gone numb as well now...more fun to full my head with.

That's good stuff. If there was a way to pay to figure this out immediately I would. Just playing the waiting game
Before covid you could often get an appointment the same day at a sports physio, they are often open until 8pm.

Find out off your GP who the consultant is in your area and pay for an initial consultation. Around £200 will get you seen much quicker. Any further work can be on NHS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.