Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Published in Nature today if you are interested. I don't think it's new. It'll just be more detailed. The vaccines are Moderna and Pfizer. Similar effect expected for all E484K mutations.

From what I can see the 10-12 fold reductions refer to neutralising antibody titres. They are not saying that the vaccines are rendered ineffective but they are making some quantitative assessment of the quantity of neutralising antibodies produced by the vaccines against this variant.

You better check for yourself, and do your own readings if you are interested. I expect this will hit the news soon.

Nature.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, so your response is lashing out at people who are not happy when others say there should be no lockdown? Not sure why other people's opinions should make you seemingly angered by it.

No-one I have ever met, spoke to or come across on this forum wants to be in a permanent lockdown. It's a straw man argument.

You are not the only person who is suffering. We all are. Even the ones who want the lockdown to last longer because they think it will be of benefit in the long run.

Some think if we open the gates now, rather than in a month or two, will increase the probability of restrictions in the summer. Whether or not you agree, their is a logic to that approach.
There are absolutely lockdown fetishists. I work with them. I read them on here. I don’t blame them either, it’s a mental health response to this thing. I hate working from home. I completely and utterly hate it. Got a call to go in to the office the other day to pick some stuff up, i rearranged it twice because of how anxious I was.

There are absolutely lockdown fetishists. I work with them. I read them on here. I don’t blame them either, it’s a mental health response to this thing. I hate working from home. I completely and utterly hate it. Got a call to go in to the office the other day to pick some stuff up, i rearranged it twice because of how anxious I was.

I don't believe I am one of those people but referring to them as fetishists comes across as being dismissive of their opinions. Like I said earlier, their views have a logical basis.

I don't believe I am one of those people but referring to them as fetishists comes across as being dismissive of their opinions. Like I said earlier, their views have a logical basis.
Was just about to post something similar. Using the term fetishist is just being derogatory about someone with a valid opinion that’s different to theirs.

Lockdown fetishists are those who love lockdowns and want permanent lockdown.

they are not the vulnerable although there may be vulnerable amongst the lockdown fetishists.

lockdown fetishists are blind to the damage of lockdown and only see the benefits of lockdown.

its tedious that anyone who dares say that normality must return in the long term is painted as some evil bastard happy for people to die.

the uk currently has the harshest restrictions in the world. We are also releasing in the slowest possible way from lockdown. We also have one of the best vaccine roll outs going. It is absolutely correct that when the adult population has been vaccinated that we should be back to normality. Apparently, it is taboo to say that. Anyone who doesn’t want to return to normal in those circumstances is mentally deranged. The vulnerable are always more susceptible to all sorts of illnesses not just covid. They normally live with an increased risk but don’t hide at home they live their lives so why would they want to continue to hide when the adult population is vaccinated?

shout out to any vulnerable on here, if you haven’t been vaccinated yet, get yourself booked in. You are eligible.

what a load of bollox.

We’ve fucked up in the past by rushing out of lockdown. Finally we’re doing it the right way. Schools have gone back this week and next month I’ll be in the Pub Garden with my pals having a beer, soon after that we’ll be fully out of lockdown all going well, literally talking a few months. No one wants lockdown but it’s the proven way to get out of this especially whilst we’re still vaccinating the vulnerable

So I will repeat. your post is a load of bollox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.