Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my only takeaway from today. I know we didn't have KDB out there but there's more than enough talent out there to get something out of this game. You look at Bayern when they went 2-0 down to Dortmund, and come back to win 4-2. Even the other day after some absolutely back-breaking goals from PSG, they just kept coming to the point it seemed they had an extra man out there.
True

even against United I thought we could go up another gear as the game wore on if Pep would make a substitution. It’s almost as if we gave up trying.

A lot of Pep bashing on social media after that. For me that was the right call. We have enough of a buffer in the league now to be able to potentially sacrifice a game or two to give us a better chance elsewhere, that's the whole benefit of having such a commanding lead.

The team he put out was 11 international players, it wasn't the EDS side, it was significantly more talented than the Leeds 11 and even given a helping hand when it went to the Leeds 10, but players that should have been pushing for a starting spot in our strongest 11 were woeful and only further cemented their bench status. Our attacking depth is not as strong as we might think. Hopefully that's addressed in the summer.

No blame on Pep today, the correct call and whilst he could have brought on foden earlier and kdb I understand his decisions, the team on the pitch should not have required our best players to bail them out. The only thing now is we simply have to beat dortmund now for it to have been worthwhile otherwise it turns into a disaster.

Team was strong enough which only players to be blamed for not wining but on the other hand though what is it with Pep and those freaking late subs?! Does my head always. I mean what is the impact on gundo, Foden , KDB if they were brought last 30-40 mins?! Next match is Wed and a 30mins involvment cant be that hard to recover from until next Wed night.

Last edited:
A lot of Pep bashing on social media after that. For me that was the right call. We have enough of a buffer in the league now to be able to potentially sacrifice a game or two to give us a better chance elsewhere, that's the whole benefit of having such a commanding lead.

The team he put out was 11 international players, it wasn't the EDS side, it was significantly more talented than the Leeds 11 and even given a helping hand when it went to the Leeds 10, but players that should have been pushing for a starting spot in our strongest 11 were woeful and only further cemented their bench status. Our attacking depth is not as strong as we might think. Hopefully that's addressed in the summer.

No blame on Pep today, the correct call and whilst he could have brought on foden earlier and kdb I understand his decisions, the team on the pitch should not have required our best players to bail them out. The only thing now is we simply have to beat dortmund now for it to have been worthwhile otherwise it turns into a disaster.
2018 vibes

seems hes only arrogant when we lose
He even said it himself recently when asked about the rotation last week.

"So, I rotate them and I am a genius when we win and when we lose, it’s my fault! Next game, we will play fresh legs and against Leeds, fresh legs.

"I trust my players so much. They don't trust me but I trust them with their quality!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.