#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst he was scoring tap ins from 2 yards, he was getting a free pass for his over all play.

Truth is he has never really been that good.

Sure he has speed.

Sterling would struggle to trap a bag of cement. And gives the Ball away nearly every time.

If he has to think about what he has to do next he Freezes like a Computer and falls over.

Has been really poor all season.

If getting rid of him sees Haaland coming in then for me it is a no brainer.

I am not sure there will be any takers now though.

For me, enough is enough now. I don't care whether he will "come good" or not any more. He may do, he may not. I don't want us to be the ones hoping every game and being disappointed, no appalled, every game. I'm happy for another team to try to maximise his talents.

But who would be willing to pay what we would want and take account of his salary ?

Easily said but not easily achieved in the current market imo.

Would have to be part of a swap deal I think , but would Sterling want to move ?

Couldn’t hit a cow’s arse that lad. If he could shoot straight he’d be the world’s greatest footballer. But fuck me, he can’t even kick it properly half the time. Why doesn’t he spend ten hours a day just kicking a moving football? He should be practising shooting all day until his mum shouts him in for his tea. Failing that, sell the fucker and buy Haaland.

It just seems like every couple of years we’re having the same conversation about him. He should be in his prime years now as a player. We should all be gushing over his performances and watching him be a key player dragging us over the line like Kev, Dave, Yaya and Aguero did countless times.

Instead we’re having the same conversations about his finishing, his dribbling, his passing, his reluctance to run at defenders, his hot and cold form. He’s one of the best paid players at the club but he just doesn’t seem able to kick on as a player and take the needed step up.

I’m sure Pep is at a complete loss on what to do about him.

Whilst he was scoring tap ins from 2 yards, he was getting a free pass for his over all play.

Sure he has speed.

Sterling would struggle to trap a bag of cement. And gives the Ball away nearly every time.

If he has to think about what he has to do next he Freezes like a Computer and falls over.

55 league goals in just over 100 league appearances in his last three seasons , "never really been that good " .Give it a rest , he's had a dip in form and confidence it happens to most players. The only reason there wont be any takers is because of the financial constraints in football at the monent , nothing to do with Sterling's ability. As for Haaland would rather see him alongside an in form Sterling , they would be lethal.

Sure he has speed.

I don't even know where that speed is anymore. Can't remember the last time he took the ball and beat a man in a race. He ponders far too long on what to do. I don't know if Pep has coached him so far that he's gone past even knowing what his natural game is anymore. Nearly all of his goals are off fantastic movement and anticipation which you have to give him credit for but he looks lost out there now.

It just seems like every couple of years we’re having the same conversation about him. He should be in his prime years now as a player. We should all be gushing over his performances and watching him be a key player dragging us over the line like Kev, Dave, Yaya and Aguero did countless times.

Instead we’re having the same conversations about his finishing, his dribbling, his passing, his reluctance to run at defenders, his hot and cold form. He’s one of the best paid players at the club but he just doesn’t seem able to kick on as a player and take the needed step up.

I’m sure Pep is at a complete loss on what to do about him.

I hope I’m wrong but I think he’s already peaked as a footballer.

He’s still good enough to player for a top club but he will never be one of their ‘elite’ players who they can rely on.

Pep is lucky that he’s managing Sterling at City because he’d have been sacked because of him at Bayern or Barca.

Couldn’t hit a cow’s arse that lad. If he could shoot straight he’d be the world’s greatest footballer. But fuck me, he can’t even kick it properly half the time. Why doesn’t he spend ten hours a day just kicking a moving football? He should be practising shooting all day until his mum shouts him in for his tea. Failing that, sell the fucker and buy Haaland.
He could do worse than going to Dukinfield Youths soccer school for a few Saturday mornings, I think the sessions are about 3 or 4 quid for two hours, they teach you how to kick a football

Raheem is too easy a target for the boo-boys.
There's no doubt whatsoever that Raheem is in the middle of a bad patch of form, but there's no doubt of his world class ability. It's down to Pep (and Southgate) to 'manage' Raheem back into form, and he's not going to get back on track if he's warming the bench.
Today was an ideal opportunity for Raheem to take a few chances and try a few runs at Ayling. He may have failed today's audition, but don't be surprised if he still plays a part on Wednesday or against Chelsea.
He'll come good sooner rather than later.
I think you really are living in the past!

His career has stalled and I’m not sure he has a third, fourth, fifth act in him.

He has devolved back to the kid who runs with the ball somewhere in his vicinity, but often not in his control, head down trying to figure something to do, before either running into the player and going down, running out of play, or simply losing control of the ball.

His first touch is non-existent and, while he has the pace to get in behind defenders without the ball, once it gets to him there is too much thought and not enough instinct in the next 2-3 seconds.

Forwards live, breathe and bank their careers in those few seconds.

Not being world class is okay.
But it's not okay ifbyou can't run with ball properly can't shoot can't generate that power in shot, same goes for Jesus. Basic things these guys falter at and it looks terrible when they are off it. If you go balbk with ball at feet, them there are problems of you are part ofnquad that wants to win all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.