#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that and yet when I presented my argument with data, all you could muster was Christ. In my comment for this match, I didn't call him any names, I didn't call for his head, didn't exaggerate anything. "I am happy to discuss with calm and rational people" is really great, just a happy little coincidence that all the calm people are the ones that agree with you and don't challenge your biases.
I need more time to digest long posts like yours , i am not ignoring you

Raheem is a lot like Fernandes in some respects. Can produce world class numbers despite never looking like a world class player in terms of basic football ability. Hes a frustrating puzzle, thats for sure and certainly not worthy of a place in the team on his form of the last 18 months

Raheem is a lot like Fernandes in some respects. Can produce world class numbers despite never looking like a world class player in terms of basic football ability. Hes a frustrating puzzle, thats for sure and certainly not worthy of a place in the team on his form of the last 18 months
That's actually spot on.. Just waiting on those world class moments far too often now.

Penandes you mean , most of his are pens

Raheem is too easy a target for the boo-boys.
There's no doubt whatsoever that Raheem is in the middle of a bad patch of form, but there's no doubt of his world class ability. It's down to Pep (and Southgate) to 'manage' Raheem back into form, and he's not going to get back on track if he's warming the bench.
Today was an ideal opportunity for Raheem to take a few chances and try a few runs at Ayling. He may have failed today's audition, but don't be surprised if he still plays a part on Wednesday or against Chelsea.
He'll come good sooner rather than later.

I just dont know why he shits the bed in the final third? also hes stopped taking players on resulting in him passing backwards.

There's no doubt whatsoever that Raheem is in the middle of a bad patch of form
For me, enough is enough now. I don't care whether he will "come good" or not any more. He may do, he may not. I don't want us to be the ones hoping every game and being disappointed, no appalled, every game. I'm happy for another team to try to maximise his talents.

There's no doubt whatsoever that Raheem is in the middle of a bad patch of form, but there's no doubt of his world class ability. It's down to Pep (and Southgate) to 'manage' Raheem back into form, and he's not going to get back on track if he's warming the bench.
Today was an ideal opportunity for Raheem to take a few chances and try a few runs at Ayling. He may have failed today's audition, but don't be surprised if he still plays a part on Wednesday or against Chelsea.
He'll come good sooner rather than later.
It’s some bad patch. Many thought his overall performances were poor last season but the guy scored a lot of goals. If we excuse last season based on the number of goals and just look at this season, his poor patch has lasted 8 months. If he’s only in the middle of it we’re fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.