Return of Supporters

I would email the club pal and see if they will do anything for you. Not missing a home game for 44 years is some record that shouldn’t be broken
They probably wont care, will say they had to put the cut off somewhere and City Matters agreed on 22k. If they make exception for 1 then loads of others will have an argument why they should get one. It shouldn't be the case that blues like this ae missing out but it was always going to happen. They could quite easily have said all season card holders since 2003 (will be able to see that on records) get a ticket, rest go to ballot and it stops this happening. There will be some Blues who have seen every single Aguero goal and wont get to say farewell!!

No email. I’d have probably got one on points but don’t have too many complaints about it being a ballot - whichever way you do it some will think it’s unfair and with only 10k tickets loads are going to be left disappointed. The bit that really does piss me off is not even a word to say you’ve been unsuccessful, so unfair to just leave people in the dark, complete lack of awareness from the club as usual when it comes to this sort of thing.
Agreed. The ballot is pot luck, so I can accept loosing out. But not even being told just stinks.

That said, I do think it would have been fairer to do this all on loyalty points. I have 16500, am I in the top 10000 seasoncard holders out of 35000? Maybe, maybe not. If not, at least I know the tickets have gone to people more “loyal” than me, not some randomer who’s been to a handful of games over the years since 2008.

(note, I’m aware of the whole “points whore” issue from a few years ago and some people’s points totals being artificial, but generally those with high points are very loyal in my view, therefore deserve first dips. Then work down from there when dishing out tickets.)

We rewarded the people who rarely, if ever, miss a game, home or away. I'd say that was rewarding loyalty.

After that, the majority were always going to miss out. Life isn't fair sometimes unfortunately.
You rewarded SOME of the people who rarely if ever miss a game , home or away. Are you really tring to suggest ALL under 22000 do not fit that category. I am sure the decision which was made was not your fault as such, but it is diabolical that some who have had a season ticket for far longer than me (21 years) are missing out. And instead the club have offered tickets to people who rarely attend. Life certainly isn't fair but the club didn't have to make it this unfair so you shouldn't defend them. Perhaps you can suggest at the next meeting they refund the platinum money collected over the last nine or ten seasons.

To all the people moaning they haven’t got an email saying they’ve lost in the ballot, there’s probably 35000 S/C holders and a similar number of Cityzens who’ve entered and haven’t won. There won’t be a mailing list with all 70000 and it took several hours to send the 10000 winners an email. I expect a blanket email to everyone at the end of the day saying if you’ve not heard you haven’t won. Can’t expect individual emails for so many so quickly.
Bollocks, they can send emails out daily about all sorts of shit and wonderful merch to flog us. They had since midnight last night, emails to the successful should have been sent first thing today and everyone should have heard by now.

People are behaving like spoiled kids. I've been to loads of interviews where I've had no feedback and they've maybe interviewed 5 or 6 people only. Or have applied for jobs that maybe 200 others applied for and had no feedback.

I think it's piss poor when you've been for an interview but I'm not going to get worked up about not getting feedback from an application. I just accept it and get on with life. We're talking about maybe 50-60k here so I understand why the club can't contact all those who haven't been successful.

And i've not had an email, so I'm neither getting a ticket nor on the reserve list. So all those who accused me and City Matters of looking after ourselves had it wrong. Had it been done on points then probably the majority of us with seasoncards would have got tickets. As it turns out, it seems only one has. So if we fiddled it to suit ourselves, we did a piss poor job.
Bollocks mate. It’s poor not to let people know.

I don’t have a problem missing out in the ballot , with 17000 points I’d most probably have missed out on points as well , but there really is no excuse for the club not informing everyone one way or the other. Some have emails saying they have tickets others they are in the reserve pot , the rest of us nothing !
Well there is an excuse. All the people lucky enough to be drawn out have been entered into some sort of system to enable them to buy. The system will then generate an email.

The people who haven't been drawn out presumably haven't been entered into any system. You'd have to enter everyone into the system for everyone to get an email and why should they do that?

I realise people are disappointed, as I am, but just grow a pair instead of whining like a spoiled kid whose parents won't get them the toy they wanted.

My email just said’ you are guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket’
I knew that already! I have 22k+ points
Bugger all about ballot ( I entered to include my son ) and bugger all about ‘reserve pot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.