Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

I love Bernie and I love Manchester, but if I were a multi millionaire I might be inclined to think Manchester is a bit of a step down from Monte Carlo in the city living stakes….

Just thinking after the rumours about Silva not liking it here. Is it a harder place to live than say Madrid? I thought we were named as one of the most liveable cities? Well ahead of London.

All seems alien to me. Longest I have her been away was 10 days and I kissed the run way when I got off the plane.

Is Madrid a desirable city to live in? If all these "desirable" places on the continent had Manchester weather would they be as "desirable" places to live in?

Manchester has great restaurants, great leisure facilities, good shopping areas, fantastic countrysides. What more does a footballer need?

I'm proud to be from Manchester and enjoyed growing up there but knew from an early age I wanted out. Moved away when I was 17 and haven't lived there since though I'm still a fairly regular visitor (pre Covid)
We all want different things in life which includes the place where we wish to live.
I never see myself living back there but doesn't mean I don't have a huge soft spot for the place.

For a pampered millionaire footballer it isn't too tough. Culturally our way of life is probably very different to the Spanish and Portuguese players. Our city centre is shite though. Ugly, cold and wet the majority of the time and it feels unsafe and sleazy and I'm from here. Bernardo has won every domestic honour here and may think he has now achieved all he can and wants a more pleasant climate on his back and a better lifestyle than Manchester's offers.

And how would they know. Fucking tweet of Sam Lee.....

Tweets from(most?)reporters.

Must be the equivalent of chucking shit at a wall etc. Some cnut does sign for some club and that reporter's twit account is the first one on the list to be trusted on every forum up and down the country, no matter what bullshit they've been posting in the past. It's like some soap to some though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.