Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM Weekly Pop Data after today:~

Borough / Pop Today / 7 days ago / up or down wk to wk/ Testing is % of local population who have tested positive for Covid over past year.

As ever with Pop going up is bad, going down good - the higher the number the better or worse depending on direction moving. The Pop is total cases in past week versus 100,000 POPulation to even out the comparison versus size and expected cases based on numbers living there.

Bolton 324 / 375 / DOWN 51 Testing positive 10.9%

Salford 287 / 151 / UP 136 Testing positive 9.6%

Manchester 271 / 152 / UP 119 Testing positive 10.2%

Stockport 234 / 108 / UP 126 Testing positive 7.6%

Bury 229 / 152 / UP 77 Testing positive 9.6%

Wigan 199 / 89 / UP 110 Testing positive 9.3%

Trafford 187 / 78 / UP 95 Testing positive 7.4

Rochdale 183 / 99 / UP 84 Testing positive 10.0 %

Oldham 136 / 74 / UP 62 Testing positive 10.1%

Tameside 132 / 69 / UP 63 Testing positive 8.4

Bolton up slightly but still the only place falling week to week in GM and only 37 now ahead of Salford as the leader of the trio rapidly catching it.With Manchester not much further behind,

Stockport now back a bit and closer to Bury.

Four huge week to week jumps over 100 now and almost five.

But tomorrow we are at the point where we start matching already high scores from last week. With luck that will lead to some falls if the rise truly is stalling. Or at least less startling climbs in Pop Scores.

Though Bolton has been falling for 10 days or so now it has flatenned off around the point where Salford and Stockport have risen up towards.

These three boroughs are not dissimilar in size so this seems to be about the 'peak average' - whereas Manchester is still going up and less clear where it will flatten off.

We need to see some real downward movement before we can start to think some control on numbers will follow.

Having had the vaccine means you will be less ill but it doesn't preclude you passing it on to others.

The vulnerable are all vaccinated, it’s not going to be 100% protection but now that they are it’s time to get on with things. If people are still worried then they can self isolate until they are comfortable to get on with life. Those who are happy to live with the risk should be allowed to, like we do every day of our lives with all the other illnesses we can catch.

The vulnerable are not all vaccinated.
I have a family member who cannot have any of the vaccines because of previous medical history.

Though it may help explain the plateuing of cases in Bolton.

Yes indeed.

It would be great if there was a clear understanding of Bolton plateau, between surge vaccination hastening herd immunity, voluntary behaviour changes, surge testing, school making etc etc. Maybe a bit of all of these.

GM VACCINE UPDATE:

Latest Vaccine Update by Population Percentage for 10 GM boroughs

Borough/ First Dose / Both Doses / TODAY V YESTERDAY

BOLTON 72.8% / 49.5% V 72.6% / 49.1%

BURY 72.2% / 51.9% V 71 7% / 51.8%

MANCHESTER 52.7 / 31.0 % V 52.6% / 30.7%

OLDHAM 67.1% / 46.9% V 66.9% / 46.2%

ROCHDALE 70.4% / 46.4% V 70.1% / 46.0%

SALFORD 59.5 % / 40. 6 % V 59.3% / 40.5%

STOCKPORT 75.7% / 54.6% V 75.6% / 54.2%

TAMESIDE 71.0% / 49.8 % V 70.9% / 49.4%

TRAFFORD 73.4% / 51.5% V 73.2% / 51.1%

WIGAN 74.9% / 53.5% V 74.7% / 53.1%

For the sake of your own mental wellbeing its best to stick to official messages rather than rumours passed around work and WhatsApp groups. I remember in March 2020 when a load of people over here suddenly had a friend/uncle/brother/cousin/sister in the Guards who had apparently said motorways were going to be shut to stop travel between cities. It never happened.

The best one from around then was the photo doing the rounds of tanks on a motorway supposedly in one of the major uk cities….

…on the wrong side of the road

Some people will sadly believe any old shite they hear or see. It’s how Trump and Brexit happened.

The vulnerable are not all vaccinated.
I have a family member who cannot have any of the vaccines because of previous medical history.

So what do you suggest then? Stay in and out of lockdown forever for an incredibly small minority? My Mum is highly vulnerable if she ever gets a chest infection due to scarring on her lungs post pneumonia, I don’t think we should lockdown every winter to reduce the chance of her catching one as it’s just not practical.

I’m on holiday at the moment, in the swimming pool no social distancing happen , but the pubs , restaurants, rides and show places all make you mask and sanitize

but what I noticed the people with the lanyards look very un healthy people and there is so many over weight people here, tucking into 4 servings off buffet food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.