Harry Kane

Its mental!! I totally respect other people’s opinions mate, but we sign kane we piss the league again, haaland looks unlikely?? kane is a no brainer?!! my head wobbles at the thought of people “not rating him”, fuckin lee bradbury was our english striker saviour once upon a time :-/
I dont think people arent rating him, I cant think of many who think Kane is shit. Aged maybe, not worth jizzillions maybe, Its more about where to splash the cash though. I would prefer someone younger for that amount, if no one else then Kane.

Above all that though is, if its what Pep wants and needs then pay whatever.

The myth that Pep only buys young players isn't true.

Walker, Mahrez (before that tried to sign Sanchez), Jorginho, Koulibaly, Bonucci, Messi, Alves, Bravo, Nolito all he has at least tried to sign.

So because we are in for Kane is no confirmation that Pep is only here for 2 years, he might be, but that certainly wont confirm it one way or another.

I got the same feeling about Kane as when we bought Robbie Fowler who had a big reputation in the premier leauge but did jack shit for us!!
I think everyone in English football - except Kevin Keegan - knew that Fowler was long past it. He did nothing for Leeds and Liverpool had moved him on a few years before that. Even then it was a wild punt based on the fact we wouldn't be paying most of his wages anyway, closer to us taking a punt on Hargreaves or Lampard. Whether we sign Kane or not it's an entirely different situation.

I dont think people arent rating him, I cant think of many who think Kane is shit. Aged maybe, not worth jizzillions maybe, Its more about where to splash the cash though. I would prefer someone younger for that amount, if no one else then Kane.

I get what your saying age wise, haarland would be 1st choice in that respect, but kane would prob sign 4/5yr deal if we get him? going off who haarlands agent is IF we pull off the “unlikely” deal for him, very much doubt he’d still be with us in 5yrs time?

Nothing to do with any of that for me, I can't stand the man, for me he's a cheat, he's snide in the tackle, and one of the worst for going down when not touched, backing into players dangerously.

If he signs I'll get on with it, I didn't much like Tevez, and I really didn't like Bellamy at all, he won't be anywhere near first in a very long list of players I never wanted.

Looking at the stats, nearly all Kane's minutes come from when he established himself as a first choice for Tottenham in 14/15. Since then, he's played near 6000 more minutes in the PL than Sergio - although 2500 of those can be put down to last year when Sergio lost his status as first choice.

So during the period when they were both first choice - 14/15 to 19/20, Kane played 3500 minutes more. A full PL season!

He, uhh, might have scored more goals during that period as well (137 vs 128) but we'll keep that quiet in case certain board members are reading.

"If" we had the option would you want us to pay £100m for PL proven, Kane + 5 yr contract with likely low sell on prospect or £100m for Haaland + 5 year contract and (unless crocked) likely decent sell on fee, with possibility of great improvement or being a flop. As a separate question would you gamble on proven older player 27/29, who may or may not improve with us or 4/5 year younger currently highly rated player with the potential to be a 30 goal a season player for us. One of each would be nice but realistically highly unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.