New striker?

No the team wasn’t working, that’s obvious. It’s why they sacked Tuchel and brought a new manager who was still at the beginning of his job there. Do you really think they’re still the same? Fair play if you do! I think they have improved more than any team in Europe
I don't rate Poch either so lets see what happens.

Don’t think Bernardo will be going anywhere.
I thought it was super strange him crying as he was being subbed and then crying on the bench. Doubt it’s because the trash is in jail. We’ll see though

No the team wasn’t working, that’s obvious. It’s why they sacked Tuchel and brought a new manager who was still at the beginning of his job there. Do you really think they’re still the same? Fair play if you do! I think they have improved more than any team in Europe
Personally, I'm not sure to be honest. They seem like a team that's bought a load of players that are available rather than a team with any strategy about what they need. If I look at the players they've bought...

Messi - best player ever for me, but 34, and was scoring goals really their main issue? They could barely get the ball off us in the CL.
Wijnaldum - decent player but is he really turning any midfield from decent to world class?
Ramos - 35, played 15 league games last season, lost his international place. An experienced head, but it's not like they've signed VVD or Dias.
Donnarumma - incredible free signing, but was goalkeeper a weakness for them? They've got a great keeper for years there, so it's good long term, but I'm not sure it's massively improving them in the short term.

It seems to me like Pereira and Hakimi were signed with a plan in mind and the rest was like a kid in a sweet shop just signing any big name who's available on a free. I guess we'll see, and chances are they'll win Ligue 1 anyway, but the CL will be the real test.

Personally, I'm not sure to be honest. They seem like a team that's bought a load of players that are available rather than a team with any strategy about what they need. If I look at the players they've bought...

Messi - best player ever for me, but 34, and was scoring goals really their main issue? They could barely get the ball off us in the CL.
Wijnaldum - decent player but is he really turning any midfield from decent to world class?
Ramos - 35, played 15 league games last season, lost his international place. An experienced head, but it's not like they've signed VVD or Dias.
Donnarumma - incredible free signing, but was goalkeeper a weakness for them? They've got a great keeper for years there, so it's good long term, but I'm not sure it's massively improving them in the short term.

It seems to me like Pereira and Hakimi were signed with a plan in mind and the rest was like a kid in a sweet shop just signing any big name who's available on a free. I guess we'll see, and chances are they'll win Ligue 1 anyway, but the CL will be the real test.
Which team improved more than they did?

If months ago City had leaked to the media that Calvert-Lewin for instance was our main target, I think people would have talked themselves into accepting him as perfect for us. It’s a matter of perspective
I don't think he fits the profile of what we are looking for, but more importantly I think that's an impossible move to complete with the amount of time available. Everton are not a club that will be very perceptible to selling their striker with mere days left in the window.

Bar a breakout season miracle from Delap, a classic #9 could be a decent option, but he's gotta be at an odd level to back himself to be better than Torres now, but knowing the club are prob gonna go for a marquee 9 (Haaland/Kane again?) next year where he'll likely be obvious second fiddle (or be an option in another role, Felix).

so a older head option (Ben Yedder/Weghorst) or a younger option who can rotate (Vlahovic/Jovic (loan short option)/Nunez) (at a Pep can improve me stage regardless of gametime)

There are options about depending on the plan the club have long term. Do they take a short option or keep faith with the Torres/Jesus/Sterling/Delap options.

I'd like a bully in the options if we are giving up a squad space losing Bernie tbh.

I don't think he fits the profile of what we are looking for, but more importantly I think that's an impossible move to complete with the amount of time available. Everton are not a club that will be very perceptible to selling their striker with mere days left in the window.
They will very possibly sell Richarlison to PSG in the remaining days, you watch

But that wasn’t my point. I only hypothetically mentioned him. I think if the club leaked early that X is our target, most here would start accepting it, whoever that was

They will very possibly sell Richarlison to PSG in the remaining days, you watch

But that wasn’t my point. I only hypothetically mentioned him. I think if the club leaked early that X is our target, most here would start accepting it, whoever that was

Agree with that. I think it's pretty normal for us blues to find any kind of silver lining in players targeted/signed by the professionals that run our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.