20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Laporte had a bad season last year and looks to be back to his best. I get what you’re saying but I think judge them as a pair now that Laporte is back to his best.
That's what I am doing. John and Dias at their peak was better than anything we've seen so far. Perhaps this pairing will reach that height. But it hasn't yet.

Fans tend to be projecting their hopes as opposed to assessing what has happened. So far, nothing we've seen of this partnership is better than what we saw of the Stones/Dias partnership.

I have my doubts this partnership will be better. But I'm hopeful.

John and Ruben had a special connection last year that went beyond just individual talent. They were connected emotionally. And their performances intensified because of it.

Dias and Laporte are individually talented. But they, so far, don't have similar levels of chemistry to what John/Dias had

Too many are underestimating how special that chemistry was and how much better it made both players as they fed off each other.

I suspect a deeply held belief that Laporte Is simply a better player than John is the reason why many are ignoring what transpired last season.

Time will tell if this partnership is as good.. But for me, I haven't seen anything better than the John/Dias, at its peak, partnership in the ADUG era.

And I also belong to a minority who think John is actually the best overall defender of the 3. When all three are at their best.

Last edited:
That's what I am doing. John and Dias at their peak was better than anything we've seen so far. Perhaps this pairing will reach that height. But it hasn't yet.

Fans tend to be projecting their hopes as opposed to assessing what has happened. So far, nothing we've seen of this partnership is better than what we saw of the Stones/Dias partnership.

John and Ruben had a special connection last year that went beyond just individual talent. They were connected emotionally. And their performances intensified because of it.

Dias and Laporte are individually talented. But they, so far, don't have similar levels of chemistry to what John/Dias had

Too many are underestimating how special that chemistry was and how much better it made both players as they fed off each other.

I suspect a deeply held belief that Laporte Is simply a better player than John is the reason why many are ignoring what transpired last season.

Time will tell if this partnership is as good.. But for me, I haven't seen anything better than the John/Dias, at its peak, partnership in the ADUG era.

And I also belong to a minority who think John is actually the best overall defender of the 3. When all three are at their best.
I might get stick for this but I rate Laporte better than Stones, although I do really like Stones.

We’re blessed to have the 3 of them.

I understand what you’re saying though, they were immense and the emotional connection was there.

The left right combo is an important one in my opinion.

So glad Bernardo didnt get his move , although our supporters appreciate him , he is vastly underrated by most and integral part of our midfield and Pep always picks him for the big games , my only criticism is he should score more goals if he brought this to his game he would be a genuine world class player.

That is the key. Dias and Stones play for each other. Laporte plays for himself. The Dias/Stones partnership is greater than the two talents combined. it also uplifts the performance of the full backs and DM. We are all round a better team when the two of them are together.

He's not first choice for us when everyone's healthy but he's the most versatile player on the team who can legit cover 4+ positions in case of injury. In that regard he's irreplaceable. I'm glad he's staying for this season. Work rate, ball retention, quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.