Leicester (A) - Post-Match Thread

Poor game from a City pov. We deserved the win but we werent on top of our game, so excellent result. Bernardo motm. Grealish a bit of a let down, ity's these games we brought him in for, to drive through the opposition, and the miss at the end was poor.

Most goals scored this season, who needs Kane. Early days though.
Poor game ? Don’t get that pal -We took 3 points at a really hard place, game we lost last year. Great game in my opinion we cant play fifa football all the time as we have to work hard on these tough 3 pointers to solid teams in their own backyard. Thought we dominated personally and thought Grealish was more than handy - but hey it’s all about opinions after all :-)

totally agree with the Kane comment.

Defend, dive, defend, dive, dive dive.......

Glad we got the 3 points with their antics and those of the ref.....11 fouls? Please you gimp.

Anyway, champions doing what champions do, winning despite the opposition and refereeing.

Bernie untouchable today, but we need to take more of our chances, 28 shots ....

3 points is all we needed so can't complain but that should have been a lot easier and could have been a lot worse.

Some really crap finishing in the first 60 then some terrible decision making to add to that towards the end left us sweating. Rodri plodding around in a big game once more, Torres having next to no impact on a big game. Jesus did well enough but the game was played almost exclusively down our left so didn't get as involved as much, arrives in the box really well from that position. Grealish was lively enough without really doing much. As he said himself in an interview last week, kdb with that much of the ball would have 2/3 assists to his name this afternoon so he has to having those kind of impact on the game. Gundogan was superb as always, Bernardo was phenomenal, he might actually get some credit today seeing as he also scored. Thought cancelo did very well defensively too. Ederson great, Laporte fortunate not to be sent off, couldn't really argue had he been shown a second yellow.

A potentially tricky tie navigated and out the way, United, Chelsea and Liverpool will beat them, we struggle against them a bit more so it was imperative we took 3 points there
They beat Scousers and Scum last year and Chelsea in the Cup Final. So not sure others will get 3pts here. Really big result for us

Poor game ? Don’t get that pal -We took 3 points at a really hard place, game we lost last year. Great game in my opinion we cant play fifa football all the time as we have to work hard on these tough 3 pointers to solid teams in their own backyard. Thought we dominated personally and thought Grealish was more than handy - but hey it’s all about opinions after all :-)

totally agree with the Kane comment.

I agree with you although we won there 2-0 last season

Poor game from a City pov. We deserved the win but we werent on top of our game, so excellent result. Bernardo motm. Grealish a bit of a let down, ity's these games we brought him in for, to drive through the opposition, and the miss at the end was poor.

Most goals scored this season, who needs Kane. Early days though.
I beg to differ I thought Grealish and Bernardo were fantastic today. Grealish is such a quality player, his touch and ball control today was immense. I think that attempt in the last few minutes was down to tiredness plus he was one on one against a brilliant GK. Schmeichal came out quickly and narrowed the angle.

It was a match that perfectly illustrated how other teams try to set up against us these days.

Leicester have a quality set of players, and a manager whose footballing vision was always about proper football, playing positively, and influenced by countless trips to La Masia as a young coach. Openly, Brendan admires Pep and City, and his team is more than capable of giving us a fair game.

But they turn up with one aim: exploit the space we leave at the back. Defend, defend, defend, with fast counters, dives and fouls to break up play, strangling the game whenever they needed to.

It’s almost a concerted effort from other clubs to try and frustrate us on the pitch (just like they do off it). So getting 3 points today was absolutely fantastic from my perspective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.