Leicester (A) - Post-Match Thread

Defend, dive, defend, dive, dive dive.......

Glad we got the 3 points with their antics and those of the ref.....11 fouls? Please you gimp.

Anyway, champions doing what champions do, winning despite the opposition and refereeing.

Bernie untouchable today, but we need to take more of our chances, 28 shots ....
This always amuses me. Nigh on 70% possession and pretty much the same for fouls. We must be fouling ourselves and giving the oppos a 'free' free kick.

Lucky enough to have a great stream today.
That was a great win. Leicester defended like a lower league team playing at home against a top team in the FA Cup, hoping to hit us on the break. Last time I looked I'm sure the were a Premier League team.
Thought Bernardo was outstanding. Won't individually criticise anyone else as a few were poor today.
Fans were amazing. Cant wait for MOTD to mute the crowd noise
Take the win and move on

Reactions: cbl
It was a match that perfectly illustrated how other teams try to set up against us these days.

Leicester have a quality set of players, and a manager whose footballing vision was always about proper football, playing positively, and influenced by countless trips to La Masia as a young coach. Openly, Brendan admires Pep and City, and his team is more than capable of giving us a fair game.

But they turn up with one aim: exploit the space we leave at the back. Defend, defend, defend, with fast counters, dives and fouls to break up play, strangling the game whenever they needed to.

It’s almost a concerted effort from other clubs to try and frustrate us on the pitch (just like they do off it). So getting 3 points today was absolutely fantastic from my perspective.
You are my brother Dave and I claim my £5.............lol. Those were almost his exact words

It was a match that perfectly illustrated how other teams try to set up against us these days.

Leicester have a quality set of players, and a manager whose footballing vision was always about proper football, playing positively, and influenced by countless trips to La Masia as a young coach. Openly, Brendan admires Pep and City, and his team is more than capable of giving us a fair game.

But they turn up with one aim: exploit the space we leave at the back. Defend, defend, defend, with fast counters, dives and fouls to break up play, strangling the game whenever they needed to.

It’s almost a concerted effort from other clubs to try and frustrate us on the pitch (just like they do off it). So getting 3 points today was absolutely fantastic from my perspective.
This. And the first goal is super important against these types of teams. Leicester could play more offensive football against us, they have a very decent set of players and made it quite difficult for us the last 10 mins. But this is the way they’ve beaten us recently so I suppose it makes sense for Rodgers to try to do more of the same. Huge 3 points.

Lucky enough to have a great stream today.
That was a great win. Leicester defended like a lower league team playing at home against a top team in the FA Cup, hoping to hit us on the break. Last time I looked I'm sure the were a Premier League team.
Thought Bernardo was outstanding. Won't individually criticise anyone else as a few were poor today.
Fans were amazing. Cant wait for MOTD to mute the crowd noise
Take the win and move on
5th game on tonight,bet you can't guess the first.

The media-driven noshing off of Stretford's prodigal son went into overdrive today while our lads brought back 3 points from a very tricky away fixture. Great result for The Blues while Stretford continue to encompass everything that's wrong with football.

This. Spot on.

Poor game ? Don’t get that pal -We took 3 points at a really hard place, game we lost last year. Great game in my opinion we cant play fifa football all the time as we have to work hard on these tough 3 pointers to solid teams in their own backyard. Thought we dominated personally and thought Grealish was more than handy - but hey it’s all about opinions after all :-)

totally agree with the Kane comment.
We won 2-0 there last season. Tough game today, they won’t lose many at home. Our fans were magnificent today. Only disappointment was the traffic getting away from the stadium. Just got in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.