RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

If we all turned up and always created a good atmosphere, Pep wouldn’t have anything to say. We can blame the ticket office, the phone lines, the Mets, the roads… but none of those things stop us turning up when it really matters.

And for those of us that went tonight, we were silent from 30 mins in until about the 60 min mark. Rodri gave a foul away in that period and slapped his thighs in frustration at the ref, and that slap of the thighs was the loudest noise in the ground for that whole half hour.

We can bring up all the excuses in the world, but we are very poor as a fanbase at times. The strange thing is, we can also be fantastic like at Leicester… and there’s little in between, shite or mint!

Four thoughts from that game...

1) Fuck Me, I Think I Just Had a Stroke. I've never seen us play so direct! There was none of Pep's usual calma-pausa; we were going for Hollywood passes and direct goals all over the shop. And it worked! Obviously the result of two teams going out with set ups that expanded more times than an accordion, and it certainly provided entertainment. Not sure if I'd like it every week, though, as it would be a shame for me to have to install a pacemaker in my 20's.

2) Bangers, Bangers, Bangers. On a similar note, you just have to shout-out some of the incredible strikes we saw today. Not just Grealish's gorgeous curler, but the hat-trick goal from Nkunku and that screamer from Cancelo. Has there ever been a squad in football history with the amount of goal-scorers and creative hurricanes that we currently possess? Even Rodri, who City fans might be most likely to characterise as flat-footed, has a regular screamer in him. Keep your Ronaldo tap-ins and Bruno pens, I want to watch a squad player slam them in from thirty yards.

3) The Return of the King. Kev is back! And although he was a bit invisible in the second half, he looked dynamic as fuck in the first. Every ball he sent in had more whip than a BDSM sex shop. He dribbled past players, created chances, and looked right back at home. I was glad to see it, because he has taken a while to get back to form from injury in the past, I remember some games at a similar stage of the competition last year when he was noticeably rusty. To get our best player back and have him firing on at least most cylinders immediately is so important with the fixtures we have coming.

4) Stop Ruling Out Perfectly Good Torres Goals. I said a fortnight ago that I wasn't convinced of Torres as a striker. I still think he's not quite there against the best defenses, but as a young lad converted to the role, he' s doing a great job. I just feel bad for him that he's had two calm, collected, striker's finished ruled out when I don't think they should have been. That non-existent foul in the build-up the other week, and now an offside when he was level. Those two could really have helped his confidence, and I hope Pep is telling them that he's doing a lot of things right already.

Also, just quickly - I do agree that the midfield had more to do with the pressure we faced than Ake being a bit of out of position. It was a weird match, and clearly Nathan isn't a starting CB, but I don't think this is one to blame him too much. As an entire unit, we didn't contain the opposition the way we usually do. But we also scored six.

Last edited:
TBF, there did look to be loads of empty seats. Do we know the attendance figures tonight?.

E_W3vxQX0AEtMLL

Pinched this off Twitter. Looks full to me

If we all turned up and always created a good atmosphere, Pep wouldn’t have anything to say. We can blame the ticket office, the phone lines, the Mets, the roads… but none of those things stop us turning up when it really matters.

And for those of us that went tonight, we were silent from 30 mins in until about the 60 min mark. Rodri gave a foul away in that period and slapped his thighs in frustration at the ref, and that slap of the thighs was the loudest noise in the ground for that whole half hour.

We can bring up all the excuses in the world, but we are very poor as a fanbase at times. The strange thing is, we can also be fantastic like at Leicester… and there’s little in between, shite or mint!
I agree with everything you say. Pep should keep his mouth closed as his words aren’t going to change the atmosphere at the Etihad. But you probably get one or two games a season at home which the atmosphere is rocking. Whats ironic is I think a lot of it is down to Peps football, we dominate the majority of our home games which makes us fan lazy and without any need to cheer the team on.

TBF, there did look to be loads of empty seats. Do we know the attendance figures tonight?.

We turn up in league games. Loads of us have a disconnect with the champions League. Add on the absolute shit transport system in Manchester, especially after 6pm and the cost of going to every game in these financially challenging times and something has to give. We're not all wealthy people like Pep and the players he needs to give it a fucking rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.