#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But In his defense he is also protected. How many games has he played with mendy? That alone would make anyone make mistakes.. I get he does seem to have a brain fart but that also comes with going games without playing. Like you said Stones. The game tonight don’t think you can blame him alone for the goals. The defense as whole was crap. That’s all I’m trying to say.
I agree. The positioning and communication between Dias, Ake and Zin was off all game. Our right side with Cancelo, KDB and Mahrez was unbalanced as well leaving a lot of space for Angelino to run into. It was one of the poorer games City has played recently from the positional aspect.

At the end of the day Ake is our 4th choice CB for a reason and for reasons unknown all of his mistakes are magnified because they end up leading to a goal scoring chance.

all jokes aside, he does mostly good things, then gets his positioning wrong and its a goal. And it seems like he does it every game.
I'd agree - I also don't like the way he flicks out his leg when caught on the wrong side of an attacker, cost couple of pens already and tonight he did It again with the score 0-0. I liked the movement for his goal but it's no coincidence we look very shaky at the back when he plays. Hopefully JS and AL will be back very soon.

If Dias generally makes everyone around him better when he plays, Ake seems to make everyone around him worse. Even if he is not always directly responsible, he is usually on the premises during all our very worst defensive performances.
His ‘book value’ next summer will be £24m and I would snap anyone’s hand off who offers that

I dont think he helps us defensively. Very bad defensive performance overall from team, including players failing to track back enough, but Ake is really always around or close to where the goal is conceded. he isnt the defender to help us stop conceding goals which is his main job.

I assume its very hard for him to catch a great form given his next game might come in League Cup only and then maybe one of the Brugge games. but when he plays he doesnt show and impresses anyone that he should make Pep think twice about putting Stones or Laporte to the bench for Ake...

4th choice and if we still had Garcia with us, he would be 5th choice imo. also seems clear he wont be used in LB.

good header tho for the goal.

a point in his favor - I thought he did well on grealish's goal! that's exactly what we needed tonight for those through passes bypassing the midfield that they kept pinging, CB aggression - that's how we usually handle those and stones and dias do them very well. he spotted the pass early and intercepted it. even led to a goal. so kudos on that

Entire back 4 minus Dias playing some of their first minutes of the season in their position, was never going to be as tight as you'd expect. Ake did okay overall. No better but no worse than the rest of the back 4.

None of the goals were directly and solely his fault. Dias is at fault more if you want to point fingers. 2 of their goals, the first and 3rd were just genuinely very good goals combined with multiple small lapses from us. Some people just need a boo boy. Did alright and will prove to be a very useful player.

Begs the question whether there's any real 'need' for him though if he's not going to be dependable defensively when called upon.

There will be a market for a home grown left sided CB in his prime next summer to at least get back a reasonable percentage of what we bought him for.

I also like him and think we need to see more of him over the course of the season, but in my opinion, if the leaky performances don't stop whilst Ake is starting, I see no real point in us keeping him whilst he still holds value as a player and I don't think we would suffer by having a player like Harwood-Bellis as 4th choice instead of him.
At first I was going to quibble with this but the more I think about it, the more I think this is spot on.

He needs a run of games to settle and show what he has to offer, and now is a good time to give him one. Even if Stones and Laporte were healthy I think he'd be worth starting at both Southampton and Wycombe as we should have enough to get past both.

Trying not to jump onto the bandwagon … but the guy just isnt good enough. And i mean just not good enough for us.
hes a 7/10 player and walk walk into most prem teams

each goal came from slack marking in his and zinchenkos little area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.