Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The roots of the current tension between Pep and some fans lies in the aftermath of the CL final. I expected the tension and sort of predicted it after the CL final after I saw the negative over reaction to Pep. One of the most successful seasons in club's history ended with a huge wave of criticisms of the manager. Pep probably knows about the consensus among City fans that his tactics in Porto was "stupid","idiotic", "colossal fuck-up", etc. And he most certainly finds this consensus baffling and irrational. So, I'm not surprised in the slightest of what's happening now. Expecting the tension, I wrote back in June that he might leave already after this season. You can see my post in his 20/21 thread.

Now, I've changed my opinion because I think Grealish will help us perform better than expected. I think we'll break goal-scoring records even though we have no proper striker! Some fans may continue to push the self-destruct button, but Pep won't probably pay much attention to them anyway. I hope so.
If City fans are upset with him after last season, because of losing a Champions League final, when it’s our first ever time being there, whilst we’d just got to an FA Cup Semi, won the league by 12 points and won the League Cup, then they need to fuck off and support someone else.

We have an amazing fanbase who, if above a certain age have seen more ups and downs in their lifetime than pretty much any other club.
This is why I'm surprised at the outrage by a few, if anything our skins should be thicker than every other supporter in the league but on this occasion we've shown ourselves to be way over sensitive.
Hopefully we can move on after today and concentrate on the important stuff.
We take all sorts of shit. Not a problem. We give as good as we get. It goes with the territory of supporting a succesful team.

The important point is that we don't expect it from our own manager. He crossed a line.

As you say we move on and I'll be there tomorrow making a noise in 105. And I'll still be there when he's gone.

We take all sorts of shit. Not a problem. We give as good as we get. It goes with the territory of supporting a succesful team.

The important point is that we don't expect it from our own manager. He crossed a line.

As you say we move on and I'll be there tomorrow making a noise in 105. And I'll still be there when he's gone.
What line has he crossed?
The one you made up in your head?

Deep breath .... you're just not listening are you? What else would he say? Again ...for the second or third time, it's about interpretation. I saw the interview and in my opinion he was digging the fans out. In yours he wasn't. Nothing more to say
Spot on,and now he is backtracking because that has been pointed out to him.

Just seen Parker’s interview on Sky via Instagram.
The comments. My god. It’s like open season.

What line has he crossed?
The one you made up in your head?
The line he described in the Amazon Prime documentary when he told the players he would defend them in public but would be brutally honest with them in private.

The fans are the club. He currently is the voice of the club. He should know better than to say anything negative about our club to the scum bag media.

Have I imagined the media shit storm of the last two days or did you just miss it because you have your head up his arse?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.