Who will be our main rivals this season?

Mostly agree but Southampton was hopefully just an off day (clutching at straws here), and our main rivals have much weaker squads.

I've got my fingers crossed for top 4. Think we'll be OK for that.

KDB has always had injury lay offs with us and we've been fine. It's up to players like Mahrez and Sterling to get their acts together and earn their money for a change.

I think Sterling is off, it smacks of Sane all over again, out of our control, despite our best efforts.

I've actually been really impressed with Liverpool this season, more so than Chelsea. They remind me of the side that romped to title 2 years ago.
If they beat Brentford and us over next 2 games I think they'll be very difficult to stop as they will go from strength to strength.

They've played Norwich, Crystal Palace H, Burnley H and a shit Leeds, failing to get the better of a ten-man Chelsea H for 45 minutes.

It's been a very favourable opening round of fixtures, same as United.

I've seen nothing so far to suggest they will finish above us.

I think Sterling is off, it smacks of Sane all over again, out of our control, despite our best efforts.

I think Sterling is a fantastic player but at the moment he’s having trouble fitting into the team. He’s not striker but we play him there, he plays well off a striker but we don’t have one, on current form he’s our 3rd best left winger and 3rd best right winger. He works so hard and constantly makes brilliant runs but it seems as though he’s no longer on the same wavelength as his teammates.

I think Sterling is a fantastic player but at the moment he’s having trouble fitting into the team. He’s not striker but we play him there, he plays well off a striker but we don’t have one, on current form he’s our 3rd best left winger and 3rd best right winger. He works so hard and constantly makes brilliant runs but it seems as though he’s no longer on the same wavelength as his teammates.

I don't think, like you, he's a fantastic player, he had a great period when linking up with David Silva, but the drop off has been noticeable since he left.

David always made players look better and I don't think Sterling is in the right head space to perform at the level we now require.

The drop off has been over 18 months, in terms of his overall quality.

Perhaps the style of football we play has caught up with him, because I don't see any justification for handing him improved terms, aside from protecting our original investment?

He'll be coming up for seven years at City and I think we've had the best of him.

Saw Barca linked with a loan move this January, but think that is wishful thinking on so many levels.

His runs off the ball are the premium aspect of his game, but his outcomes for basic fundamentals have always been an issue.

Looks like weve been written off after 5 games this year,even the guys on talk sport this mornin,got to be a record that one,99 points too play for ,we will beat chelsea sat an get a point at anfield, also we will beat psg in paris,

Weve got a full week too prepare for chelsea ,i expect a win,because he rearly isnt goin to be preparin for wycombe ,all about chelsea this week

The minute someone under 30 gets under 2 years left you know whats happening.

It is seemingly a growing trend, certainly now in a post-Covid market?

Look at Pogba, similar last big contract of his career.

Getting to 27/28, players like him and Sterling know that no club is going to pay transfer fees of £100m for them, so they might as well wait and go on a free and get a massive signing fee.

Chelsea have no discernible weakness in their strongest team. We have three (LB, DM, Striker). I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see past Chelsea if we don’t pull our socks up soonish. Loose against them and we go 6 points behind which is a meaningful gap.

It is seemingly a growing trend, certainly now in a post-Covid market?

Look at Pogba, similar last big contract of his career.

Getting to 27/28, players like him and Sterling know that no club is going to pay transfer fees of £100m for them, so they might as well wait and go on a free and get a massive signing fee.
Particularly in sterling's case with a long period of poor form. Doubt any buying club will want to pay more than 40, but city would want 70 plus minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.