Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a country in the world with clean hands. Though arguably, some are cleaner than others, it's all relative.

I neither slag off nor extol the British Empire as it had nowt to do with me. But it wasn't about us going out in the world to make lives better for the 'natives'.

More to the point, the global economy is completely interlocked and unless you want to live in isolation and dine off cabbage leaves every day, you pretty much have to deal with some very unpleasant punters. A good and topical example is the supply of gas, much of which we buy from Russia. The people running Russia are as bad as anyone, but we deal with them on a daily basis. Similarly, many of our consumer items come from China, which has a very short way indeed with anyone who dares to dissent. We don't boycott them though as it simply is not practical.

The truth is, very few countries are run by the Salvation Army or the Mothers' Union. In fact, to get in charge of about 95% of the countries in this world you have to be a complete twat. Our own politicians are scarcely noted for their outstanding morality or probity, and I doubt one who took a high moral tone would get elected. (The Daily Mail would certainly be against them from Day 1.)
For all its perceived military might, the last thing Western leaders want is to pick a fight with either China or Russia. It's much more easy to overlook their heinous crimes against humanity.

Won't happen! The red tops will already be plotting a scheme to put the kibosh on their progress. Also Prince Charming from Shrek ( aka Simon Jordan ) was quite conciliatory the other day,no mention of Newcastle being a Frankenstein club now and that being profitable they could spend up to £1bn without infringing ffp. My understanding was that this is possible by spending on infrastructure projects ie: stadium upgrade,academy investment etc but ffp still applied to income against outgoings.At present taking into account the clubs profit and accepted losses maybe they will be able to spend £250m rising with their increased revenues but will their sponsorship deals be questioned like ours have by the likes of Jordan?
LOL Trailer trash park owners and American wannabies up against MBS and the Emiratis, good luck with that, the same applies to UEFA and Uncle Tom Cobly and all.

Football is changing, the Super league will happen and the big players/owners will be part of it.

Get your popcorn and enjoy the show.

so did the African countries who enslaved their own in the first place, to sell them.

But we don't like those first, and most important, chapters of the story.

(After this post) there is no way I can spend any fraction of a nano second with any sort of interaction with someone who thinks the slave trade was the fault of the Africans.

Thoughts like that disgust me.

JJ

I thought the leader of the UAE was Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Has Sheik Mansour been ousted?

Unbelievable isn’t it. The ignorance just keeps on going. You would think that any good journalist would do his or her own research first before publishing such drivel. However, let the idiots keep believing their own hype….

Good luck to them , but if they think they will be in the top 4 In 18 months they are in for a shock . They need a minimum of 15 players at say 40 million each on average so its going to take a long time + city and others will keep improving
£40m doesn't even get you a good full back and with them being backed by unimaginable funds, then there will be the "wealth tax" so £40m becomes 60 or 70

Or why aren't they asking about Wigan's(i think)takeover that was as dodgy as anything, seemingly all about a betting syndicate cleaning up if they were relegated?
Yes it was Wigan and yes an associate placed a bet on them getting relegated. Unfortunately the team went on a good run and were lower mid table.....so they were put into administration, docked 10 points and were relegated.

But not one question was asked.

(After this post) there is no way I can spend any fraction of a nano second with any sort of interaction with someone who thinks the slave trade was the fault of the Africans.

Thoughts like that disgust me.

JJ
Two wrongs never make a right, but the Africans did play a fairly substantial role as middle men.
Europeans oversaw this brutal traffic in human cargo, but they had many local collaborators. “The organization of the slave trade was structured to have the Europeans stay along the coast lines, relying on African middlemen and merchants to bring the slaves to them,(Toyin Falola, a Nigerian professor of African studies at the University of Texas).

When this great period is over for us I wouldn't mind a successful Newcastle keeping the rags and dippers away from the trophies. Always remember how good their fans were at Wembley 76, happy for them.
Same here. The 2nd most satisfying thing about our success has been spoiling the party for those media sponsored clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.