Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's my feelings. The European Super League has completely invalidated the reaction to this takeover, more specifically the reaction to the ESL.

When ESL was announced, people went fucking mad. Fury all over, outrage internationally, Chelsea fans protesting with threats of more elsewhere taking their turns too. Governmental figures threatening to intervene, threats of football authorities completely dismantling everything to knock this back. People were genuinely mad, to the point that even people barely affected by it were threatening to quit watching the game they'd spent their whole lives loving.

Compare that to the current reaction of Newcastle's takeover. A lot of mumbling, a lot of crying about human rights, a lot of looking down from ivory towers. I'm not saying people can't be bothered by this for genuine reasons, but what I am saying is that people really don't care as much as they pretend to on this. If hypothetically these new Newcastle owners turn out to be even relatively incompetent and Newcastle spend the next few years floundering they'll generate no outrage. A lot of mockery but that's where it ends.

Just wait until the Saudis start increasing the price of season tickets, matchday tickets, and Newkie Brown Ale, to increase matchday revenues.

Not sure who specifically should have won it, however if I take the two performances that say Bernardo put in against Chelsea and Liverpool, it makes the award going to him astounding if not completely unsurprising..........
This is what I am talking about. Bernardo puts in a world class performance and Ronaldo gets player of the month. Even if we don't consider Bernardo for it, what did Man United do in September? They lost to Villa, Barely beat West Ham and beat Newcastle(which pretty soon will starting beating them! lol)

All talk is about Man United not playing that well yet Ronaldo gets player of the month!??!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.