Physical season card - requested accepted!

If the club had been more upfront about it all instead of suddenly foisting it upon us people might have been more receptive.
Plus I’ve found it’s not just the over 50s who ‘struggled’. The last two matches it has been the people in front of me, lads in their teens, early 20s, who held up the queues whilst I sailed through (I’m 80!) :-)

Do City Matters still exist? How many times have we asked about minutes and still no response.
The members of city matters should demand the minutes are published on threat of resignation.

If the club had been more upfront about it all instead of suddenly foisting it upon us people might have been more receptive.
Plus I’ve found it’s not just the over 50s who ‘struggled’. The last two matches it has been the people in front of me, lads in their teens, early 20s, who held up the queues whilst I sailed through (I’m 80!) :-)

Do City Matters still exist? How many times have we asked about minutes and still no response.
The members of city matters should demand the minutes are published on threat of resignation.
We've started proper meetings again, as of this week.

We signed Non Disclosure Agreements when we started and if the club say this is confidential then we have to respect that. But I'm in the process of summarising what I can of the 3 meetings I've been involved in this week. And I'll be posting that in about an hour when I've got some time.

There has been a lot of sensitive information given out this week and that's just something we have to respect. If we start blabbing (and break the terms of the NDA) then we risk not getting the data we need to work with the club to solve problems. One example was that the club gave us a detailed breakdown of ticket numbers for the home games this season. There were some interesting and quite surprising insights in those figures and we'll be looking at the issues raised by those but the club didn't want them shared.

We have insisted that minutes are published going forward and the club have assured us that they will be.

There will be minutes published from the next meeting. We had a big meeting last night (I was there for 5 hours, plus another 2 on Tuesday for a meeting about transport). Unfortunately much of what we discussed was confidential but I've had permission to go public with some of it.

First of all there's a big push to look at transport, particularly with the new arena due to come on stream at the end of 2023 and I've presented my ideas to the club. There are constraints we can't get round - we aren't getting 6-lane highways like they have in the USA and Metrolink have capacity and other logistical issues. TfGM appear to have a bit of a 'fuck you' attitude to us but we're going to try to engage them to see if we can persuade them to do things slightly differently.

On mobile ticketing, you already know that the club have issued a small number of seasoncards, which we welcomed. The overwhelming majority of fans use mobile ticketing now but we (and the club) know there have been many issues, some of which were foreseeable and some of which weren't. The IT & Ticketing teams have been working hard to resolve these and they are making progress. New readers at all turnstiles should improve access times and they will be putting in additional turnstiles in the South Stand in the next few weeks. There will still be problems but these should be more individual, rather than systemic.

They are hopeful that Safe standing will be given the go-ahead at the Etihad and a few other grounds in the next few weeks, which will then formally come into force at the start of next year (Jan 2022). This will be carefully monitored of course and further progress will be dependent on the results of that.

I can't go into the details but they are looking at kicking off a major programme looking at all fan or customer interactions with the club, either via attending games, buying merchandise or just using the website for information, videos etc.

Pretty sure I read that the Premier League are set to make it a rule that clubs offer only virtual seasoncards from next season or season after so what City did (and other clubs) is just try to move people over sooner.
Better to do it now and its better before the rule is implemented.
If that is the case, what about ppl with disabilities? The blind, for example, how will they obtain and operate virtual card?

Just wait till they bring in facial recognition - which isn't fantasy and something they mooted trying out before covid - it'll be a barrel of laughs trying to even get near the stadium.

It's alright the EU is going to ban such uses of facial recognition

Ah, wait...

We've started proper meetings again, as of this week.

We signed Non Disclosure Agreements when we started and if the club say this is confidential then we have to respect that. But I'm in the process of summarising what I can of the 3 meetings I've been involved in this week. And I'll be posting that in about an hour when I've got some time.

There has been a lot of sensitive information given out this week and that's just something we have to respect. If we start blabbing (and break the terms of the NDA) then we risk not getting the data we need to work with the club to solve problems. One example was that the club gave us a detailed breakdown of ticket numbers for the home games this season. There were some interesting and quite surprising insights in those figures and we'll be looking at the issues raised by those but the club didn't want them shared.

We have insisted that minutes are published going forward and the club have assured us that they will be.
It is not so much City Matters that we are asking about minutes we just want to be assured that what was promised will happen. As for the Non-disclosure Agreements, I'm not entirely sure why they need them as you are (allegedly) representing the supporters and if you can't report back what's the use?

Your last sentence made me fall about laughing...I am at the stage of believing that when I see it happening.

"The name's Bond, James Bond. This week I will be fighting that evil organisation, MCFC (Murdering Chaps for Cash)."
It took me at least a minute to stop coughing with laughter!! (When I laugh very heartily for some reason I start coughing.) I'd say you are welcome to enter Mr Bond but as I totally dislike the Bond films I will not be joining you. :-) :-)

It is not so much City Matters that we are asking about minutes we just want to be assured that what was promised will happen. As for the Non-disclosure Agreements, I'm not entirely sure why they need them as you are (allegedly) representing the supporters and if you can't report back what's the use?

Your last sentence made me fall about laughing...I am at the stage of believing that when I see it happening.
I assure you it's something we want to happen. As you say, we know we represent the fans so it's important that our work is visible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.