Liverpool terror attack

Does it?

They have been released without charge today.

I would expect counterterrorism officers would automatically arrest fellow occupants of the house, doesn't necessarily mean that there is a terrorist cell. But they suspect there is one.
They probably were just house sharing/people who happened to be visiting by the looks of things.

The “hang them” brigade shouldn’t be paid attention to.

Ex marine pal of mine regales me with tales of sheep wandering into claymores on Salisbury Plain. Bit of compo to the farmer and everything's ok.
A Lad I knew said when he worked in the Falklands a few years ago the beaches were absolutely beautiful but were out of bounds due to landmines. Beautiful that is apart from the odd sheep which had got through the fencing and had been blow to bits. He never actually witnessed it happen but heard the bang a couple of times.

A Lad I knew said when he worked in the Falklands a few years ago the beaches were absolutely beautiful but were out of bounds due to landmines. Beautiful that is apart from the odd sheep which had got through the fencing and had been blow to bits. He never actually witnessed it happen but heard the bang a couple of times.
Pretty Baabaric.

I appreciate your thoughts are well meaning but I think we can largely ignore the “reasons” that some dickhead thinks it’s right to go blow up some people they’ve never met nor that have ever done them any direct harm. In short, and to paraphrase the kid laroi - fuck all of their “reasons”.

If they’ve got a problem with the UK selling bombs to wherever then go blow up BAE systems or target their employees. If they’ve got a problem with UK foreign policy go after the politicians/advisors/armed forces or whatever. You don’t go try and bomb a bus or a hospital or a fucking concert. Because eventually when we see one of their hospitals get taken out by a wayward bomb or we see their little kids suffering we’re going to think meh and donate our money to the three legged donkeys instead.
They already see their hospitals and homes taken out, repeatedly, and that is the point. We can no longer turn a blind eye to a foreign policy that sees us make an unholy mess of Afghanistan and Iraq, continuing to sell arms to Saudi that are then used in Yemen, and unequivocally supporting the US in wherever it seeks to show its power in the world. We cannot continue to support an Israeli government whose behaviour is condemned by the UN, again and again. Our nation does cause direct harm and some people will choose to retaliate in a way that they can.
This is not one-sided. Equally, we cannot accept terror attacks and the maiming of innocent people who have (directly) committed no crime against the perpetrator. There is one guarantee though and it is that while we continue to get involved in the myriad of political and religious wars in the Middle East, there will be implications on our shores. What's more, they will be implications that we cannot predict, nor resolve. Ultimately, the choice is ours on how we wish our governments to continue to act.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.