Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite what he says in the press you can see by his demeanour on the touch line he wants to win the champions league more than anything. The nervousness throughout the squad in the champs league is palpable and it is costing us time and time again.

We just don’t turn up in the competition and the way pep sets is up we have to be perfect otherwise we will be punished. To win this competition a more pragmatic approach is needed imo.

On the flip side peps style of football is very effective at winning leagues as the lesser teams don’t have the quality to exploit any mistakes we make.

Another concern, this team seems completely incapable of throwing the kitchen sink at a team when behind... We barely put Real Madrid under any pressure in that entire extra time.. we go behind then just fade out of the game while passing it along our backline.
This is the most damning truth of all.
Nothing just nothing from manager or players.

He was right in his assessment that Madrid just put bodies in the box and crosses in to them - so why didn’t he put Ake on when then scored the first, he’s been great recently and is arguably our best header. Something needed to be done when the first goal went in, make a sub, slow it down

Does he think he can win the Champions League with us? I keep going back to what he said after the final last year, about how the club would be back at that stage and maybe would win without him

I have 100% confidence in Pep...I don't think I have confidence in the people around him.

The GK coach, Mancisidor, is not bringing results.

Lillo brought about a disasterous 4231 experiment with Rodri+Fern and Pep's stopped making subs since he arrived.

We've lost Arteta, Torrent, Kidd in successive seasons & I don't know who is telling Pep the things he doesn't want to hear. We used to see him talking away, debating or arguing with someone on the touchline non-stop, now he seems isolated and on his own a lot of the time. Our squad is too small. He refused to play kids when he had chances to give them experience, so now he's 2 or 3 senior players down on where he could be and the 15 outfield players (liverpool have 22!) we have are knackered.

This squad is clearly too small to play all 4 comps, but he still went for all 4.

I think the Sterling situation has been handled badly, and he's avoided some tough convos about Fernandinho and Jesus, who apart from the last 2 weeks has been barely used.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion maybe but I don't think Pep will win the CL whilst he is here, however I am done with the Champions League, nothing to do with Pep and our great team but everything to do with UEFA and there corrupt officials.

Sooner or later we will need to get this Champions League Monkey off our Back.

Personally if i had to choose between the 2 this season, i would have said Premier League Trophy,most of us would,.............i think.

It isn't all about us though.Our owners want that Champions League Trophy.They see it as a prestigious Trophy.A statement to the World.

Where we are all a bit like mehhhhh

Pep record in the Champions League since leaving Barcelona is 0 Trophy in nearly 10 years.

As much as we all love Pep for the domestic success.Sooner or later our owners are going to want someone to deliver what they really desire.

I dont think Pep will be that Man.
Really? How can we when we keep getting screwed by the officials.
UEFA won't allow us to win it, that's why a big percentage of City fans have zero connection with this competition.
I must admit after last night I understand it. It's not sour grapes, it's facts.

Really? How can we when we keep getting screwed by the officials.
UEFA won't allow us to win it, that's why a big percentage of City fans have zero connection with this competition.
I must admit after last night I understand it. It's not sour grapes, it's facts.
The only fact that matters after last night is we completely lost our heads and choked

He was right in his assessment that Madrid just put bodies in the box and crosses in to them - so why didn’t he put Ake on when then scored the first, he’s been great recently and is arguably our best header. Something needed to be done when the first goal went in, make a sub, slow it down
He probably would have brought Ake on after the first goal. The fact that they scored in the next minute makes that highly unfeasible unless Ake was stripped, warmed up and ready to go on

There was nothing to suggest they would even get a shot on target before the first goal that was from a overhit cross.

This. We needed to be cute....cramp/injury. Take the sting out, kill 2 mins and make the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.