Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Walker was not good.

I saw some meme mocking his reaction for the 2nd goal.

But you have to ask where is the RIGHT WINGER when Dan Burn was free from marking and easily passed the ball.

Switch back 1min you will see Doku Alvarez and Foden switched places during a build up of an attack as Doku carried the ball to the right and acted as the right winger. Thus Alvarez switched to LW and Foden as the striker. Then when the counter started Alvarez defended on the left wing... Foden was dropping back in the middle... and Doku just jogged away from his position and stayed with Newcastle CBs for no reason. BEFORE Foden was able to recover his position with Dan Burn!

I dont know if he told the teammates. But Dias Walker and Foden all acted as if there would be a right winger and they all found themselves in awkward situation.

I really have no idea how such thing happened in a PL team, let alone Pep team. I don't see it happen often in a sunday league team!

For everyone who is worried about the defense, they do no suddenly become so shaky.

Doku ducked out 50-50s and tried to sneak away from defensive duties every chance he could. Some midfielders did not commit necessary challenge to stop the counter (see the 1st goal). Front line lost cheap balls here and there. And most importantly PEP turned a blind eye to all these behaviors. Can you image Sterling or Mahrez commit such things again and again? One offense and you will be taken off the pitch.

Last edited:
Only worry for me is our defence at the moment. Dias very shaky ATM, Walker prone to silly errors, Gvardiol still settling in at RB.

We really need Akanji and Stones back.

I was at the game and have to say it was magnificent. We were magnificent. The criticism of the sefence for the 2 goals is ridiculous. Newcastle set up perfectly to
Play to their strengths of fast breakaways and were rewarded with 2 brilliant goals.
Get over it, it happens.
However, from the get go we controlled the game with fast and precise passing which was quite frankly beautifully awesome to watch. Then we had 3 goals of the highest quality imaginable one of which was a last minute winner.
I was not in the clouds with the rest of the blues, so was lucky to see it a lot closer and feel privileged to have seen it.
Overall it was one of the best matches I have ever seen us play. Better than any 5-0 walkover. And looking at the lads and staff reactions at the end I think they may have agreed with me.

I was at the game and have to say it was magnificent. We were magnificent. The criticism of the sefence for the 2 goals is ridiculous. Newcastle set up perfectly to
Play to their strengths of fast breakaways and were rewarded with 2 brilliant goals.
Get over it, it happens.
However, from the get go we controlled the game with fast and precise passing which was quite frankly beautifully awesome to watch. Then we had 3 goals of the highest quality imaginable one of which was a last minute winner.
I was not in the clouds with the rest of the blues, so was lucky to see it a lot closer and feel privileged to have seen it.
Overall it was one of the best matches I have ever seen us play. Better than any 5-0 walkover. And looking at the lads and staff reactions at the end I think they may have agreed with me.
Top post. A proper summary that. You should try your hand at journalism.

Walker was not good.

I saw some meme mocking his reaction for the 2nd goal.

But you have to ask where is the RIGHT WINGER when Dan Burn was free from marking and easily passed the ball.

Switch back 1min you will see Doku Alvarez and Foden switched places during a build up of an attack as Doku carried the ball to the right and acted as the right winger. Thus Alvarez switched to LW and Foden as the striker. Then when the counter started Alvarez defended on the left wing... Foden was dropping back in the middle... and Doku just jogged away from his position and stayed with Newcastle CBs for no reason. BEFORE Foden was able to recover his position with Dan Burn!

I dont know if he told the teammates. But Dias Walker and Foden all acted as if there would be a right winger and they all found themselves in awkward situation.

I really have no idea how such thing happened in a PL team, let alone Pep team. I don't see it happen often in a sunday league team!

For everyone who is worried about the defense, they do no suddenly become so shaky.

Doku ducked out 50-50s and tried to sneak away from defensive duties every chance he could. Some midfielders did not commit necessary challenge to stop the counter (see the 1st goal). Front line lost cheap balls here and there. And most importantly PEP turned a blind eye to all these behaviors. Can you image Sterling or Mahrez commit such things again and again? One offense and you will be taken off the pitch.
WTF? You’ve certainly not been on the Apple juice. That is utter garbage!

Bobb cat, the unbelievable Bobb cat,
He's so incredible,
Brings us goals and plenty of flare,
All his friends would love his great hair,

Bobb cat,
The indisputable weeavver of the team,
He's the biz, he's a wiz, he's won a championship;
He's the most tip top Bobb cat

I’ll get me coat!

Please make sure it’s the right one
8-)

Outstanding victory…the kind that wins titles!

To go off on a two week break after that will have the players feeling like it’s never over and they can beat anyone anytime.

A little R&R for some, while others get fully fit…it’s all coming at the perfect time for the team.

Some outstanding performances will get all the press, but others will go unnoticed. Ake, Kovacic and Gvardiol all did a strong, solid job.

However, when you look at the team, and see the performance of players like Foden, Bernardo, and Rodri…and then Bobb and KDB off the bench…one has to marvel at the quality, teamwork, skill, and individual brilliance to which we were treated today.

A simply magnificent comeback performance that will strike fear in all comers across Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.