Seat counters 2023/24

It's partly season tickets holders not bothering, or exchange ones that don't sell, but mainly (i) club holding back chunks for offsite hospitality that are unrealistically priced and don't sell and (ii) club giving big chunks at discounted prices to the tout sites, who can't shift them for the lesser games, but can cream it for the big matches. They still count as "sold", but we're left with empty seats. Games are all marked "sold out" months in advance, so even if they're late released it's hard to plan at short notice.

Tonight with that weather, the opposition, the timing, the transport issues, at those prices, was always gonna be a hard sell. Fair play to those that did go. The team deserves a full house cheering them on, the club deserves empty seats for its short sighted policies and prices. They can't release those blocks at discounted rates late in the day, or they'd upset those who paid full price. The club can also sell hospitality more easily because a game is "sold out". It's not. Chelsea is similar, Liverpool was exactly the same.

If the team in charge of sales had a mandate to fill the ground, they'd fill it easily, with right pricing and sensible sales policy. They're making a bit more money the way they're doing it.....but probably damaging the brand with casual observers and empty spaces. That's the choice.

We got the win, we'll be there in full voice for the crunch games to come. (paying through the nose for it!)

I set off from Urmston at 5:45pm and hadn’t parked until 7:20pm.

Absolute chaos on the roads.

God knows how people who aren’t local managed!!
Absolute chaos wasn't it. Left preston at 5 and I'm minutes from motorway, arrived on car park at City at 7.20, then had massive queues to get in M1.

Got sat down just in time for opener. Took my 7 year old to his first night game, not great for the travel experience.

3 points though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.