RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Very sad news and a top bloke on here. Rest in peace Bill. You’ll be remembered here.

Sad news, top blue who I'd pleasure of meeting at games a few times

Really, really awful news but not unexpected sadly. He did incredibly well to make it as far as he did, and I'm sure that's partly to do with the dignified way he faced up to this horrible disease. He was always so positive when I saw or spoke to him and that was something which influenced me so much. Life can throw some terrible shit at you and the best thing you can do is shrug your shoulders, pick yourself up and get on as best you can.

Did quite a few trips in his company (and kbb's) and he was never less than brilliant company. Every trip would involve sorting some blues out with tickets and he did some favours for me as well.

I got to hear stories about his life and he told me when his first marriage ended, he was on his uppers, living in a hostel where he was heating up tins of soup on a camping stove. But he picked himself up, got into the carpet business, met Jeannie and took on Jess as his own daughter. I'd hear stories of him going out at all hours of the morning to pick her up from god knows where, as he wanted to make sure she was safe.

That was Bill, and I'm so proud to have known him as well as I did. Sleep well mate. You were one of the very best.

Really sad to hear the news that Bill has passed away. I spent a fair few aways in his company and had some brilliant European away drinking sessions with him, Madrid and Moscow I will never forget.

An amazing bloke with a heart of gold who would do anything he could to help anyone that, always without being asked. Without doubt one of the nicest people you could meet, and a brilliant sense of humour.

RIP Bill you legend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.